Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Classic Car Mechanic / Garage

Classic Car Mechanic / Garage

Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of
Default Re: Classic Car Mechanic / Garage

Has it got a 727 torque flight gearbox 3 speed & what carb?

Hubs (the expert now dictating what I type!!!), thinks that your 383 is in defo the 6. 3L V8. Take it its the mopar engine??? You can apparently check the VIN no with the Chrysler database ..... will pump hubs for more info ..... he's just walked (stumbled) in with few sherberts inside him - will come back tmrw eve with more info if required .... lol

Ours btw is a measly 5.7 V8 .... goes lovely tho ....

Last edited by Equestra; Dec 12th 2012 at 6:37 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Hubs in his past had a 1969 Ford Zepher Mk II with a 383 engine taken from a Jensen Interceptor that did 12 secs on the track ........ hmmmm he's lost me now

Ours is blue, yours is older and black ..... I fear yours may cost a little more love and dosh to bring into the 21st C ....... but again, good luck & keep us posted!!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Dan in Doha is an unknown quantity at this point

Only had it a day and i'm no expert! The cylinder heads are green if that helps? Not sure about the torque but yes has a 3 speed!
Interceptor's a beautiful looking car!
I'll keep you posted!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dan in Doha
Only had it a day and i'm no expert! The cylinder heads are green if that helps? Not sure about the torque but yes has a 3 speed!
Interceptor's a beautiful looking car!
I'll keep you posted!
Ha! A brand new toy!!! Fab!

Hehehe it was an interceptor engine in a Zepher chassis .... before my time to be honest ...... bless his car headed lordshipness.

Not too sure about the the green heads ...... get yourself a decent specialiist

If all else fails, bring it here to hubs, he'll know what to do with it
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has a 1972 Charger, an Aussie one, so a Valiant. And I have a 2010 R/T. We love Chargers in my house
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
My husband has a 1972 Charger, an Aussie one, so a Valiant. And I have a 2010 R/T. We love Chargers in my house
Ditto
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Great looking car