This city sucks!

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This city sucks!

Originally Posted by Roadking
There are still the little tea shops just opposite the open beach. No, you can't sit in a coffee shop but you can have tea or coffee and be on the beach.

However, I do agree, they could make much better use of the beach fronts but it is improving. 5 years ago there weren't even bins on the beach.
Aye there were, there were bins and bints, I remember seeing them in their 'swimwear'.....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I notice over the years more and more beach road villas get turned into cafes, surgeries, galleries and all sorts.

Wonder why no one is doing it the same with the beach front villas? Regulations don't allow it?
Not enough traffic passing by the window?

Fair enough - Limetree is a success - but imagine something like that overlooking the beach rather than spinneys carpark.

Go on imagine it!

you didn't imagine it did you
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Because the people you speak of make up only about 10% of the population...i.e. a minority.

I would venture to say the opposite and that local culture has had next to no influence on development here.
Don't have to go far to find a bar these days.
True, but still, beach culture is not something that really exists , or is developed in either Dubai, or here in Qatar. And I do believe it has to do with local culture. It is a shame really, as all the basics are there and could be made into something fantastic.
I think that when it comes to tourism, they want to concentrate on shopping and staying in overly expensive and gaudily decorated hotels.
Maybe on day they will see the benefit of eco tourism and beach culture....NOT, lol.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
True, but still, beach culture is not something that really exists , or is developed in either Dubai, or here in Qatar.
Sorry but I completely disagree (for dubai).....it does exist and is developed and is promoted.
But for tourists only or residents who are suckers and pay 200dhs to go to a private beach.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Ok....so I'm wrong....it's faaar better to have coffee in a f'n mall or on a stinky street with a load of 4L+ 4x4's roaring past.

Who'd have thought that the idea of having a meal or a coffee or whatever overlooking the sea without having to stop at a malll or hotel or (god forbid) entering the marina farce would bring so much disagreement?

Doesn't anyone else agree that Dubai has largely wasted a great asset in terms of it's beach front?
No one has said that's better. I also posted earlier that the beach front is a wasted resource. You just sounded like a petulant teenager because you couldn't find exactly what you wanted.
-
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
No one has said that's better. I also posted earlier that the beach front is a wasted resource. You just sounded like a petulant teenager because you couldn't find exactly what you wanted.
-

YEP!
Quite intentional.....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

YEP!
Quite intentional.....
Did you stamp your foot whilst posting?

-
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Did you stamp your foot whilst posting?

-
Isn't that obligatory when you don't get your coffee?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:41 am
Bored liberal

Isn't that obligatory when you don't get your coffee?
Too much effort. Surely your maid does that for you?

-
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Too much effort. Surely your maid does that for you?

-
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I completely disagree (for dubai).....it does exist and is developed and is promoted.
But for tourists only or residents who are suckers and pay 200dhs to go to a private beach.
Sorry, but what you find in Dubai or Qatar I do not call a proper beach.
I may be spoiled, but even northern Europe has better developed beaches than those you find here.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We spent most of Saturday at Al Mamzar Beach, which we love. It has a choice of five picturesque, sandy beaches with palm trees providing shade. Plenty of outlets selling tea/coffee for takeaway. It costs Dhs30 per car, so hardly sucker material.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We spent most of Saturday at Al Mamzar Beach, which we love. It has a choice of five picturesque, sandy beaches with palm trees providing shade. Plenty of outlets selling tea/coffee for takeaway. It costs Dhs30 per car, so hardly sucker material.
"Sucker material"??

Oh, you mean Shadya went with you.............
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Sucker material"?? Oh, you mean Shadya went with you.............
Read Jeeper's post.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
C'mon mate....don't make an argument out of nothing. You know I was refering to the prices charged at the resorts in dubai that occupy the beaches the residents would like to use.

I can go for FREE in many places....Jumeira beach park has loads of facilities and is what..5dhs?

The free or cheap places don't have cafe's or restuarants on them (that are open at night)....only the expensive ones do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.