Christmas Thread

Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Thread

Yes I have a lovely friend down there who has been there for about 5 years, shes amazing and has pretty much organized it all for me as I've been too busy to do anything! I have just over 2 weeks so will be there for xmas, new year and my bday - and the end of the world (if it happens)
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Meow- I did it on purpose as I knew you'd get all scroogey about it I will break you! Come on put your Christmas hat on and have a glass of mulled wine- you'll love it :-)

and I'm just back from Blighty where Christmas songs were playing everywhere, sparkly lights and general Christmas cheer aplenty so trying to keep it up!

Last edited by kittycat1; Nov 29th 2012 at 7:01 am.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Yes I have a lovely friend down there who has been there for about 5 years, shes amazing and has pretty much organized it all for me as I've been too busy to do anything! I have just over 2 weeks so will be there for xmas, new year and my bday - and the end of the world (if it happens)
Sounds quality, enjoy.

I'm back in blighty, only for 8 days so trying to organise seeing mates, mum, sisters, neice/nephews, gran, the mrs' family. Nightmare. All I want to do is get drunk.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:01 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sounds quality, enjoy.

I'm back in blighty, only for 8 days so trying to organise seeing mates, mum, sisters, neice/nephews, gran, the mrs' family. Nightmare. All I want to do is get drunk.
Get them all to come to you in a pub.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp I am very jealous! I struggled to come back this time, but Oz will be amazeballs so its all good, I love Christmas in the Uk although not sure my liver could cope! Oxfor strret was hell already though - don't miss that bit!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Exactly. Most people could travel a few miles to see you after you have flown 3,500 miles.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Exactly. Most people could travel a few miles to see you after you have flown 3,500 miles.
Yeah, but Mum's in Salisbury, mates in the new forest, southampton, portsmouth, london...mrs' lot are in Oxford, family across new forest, petersfield, portsmouth, southampton. Chaos.

I'm going to do a tour, no hire car, just beer. People are getting given Scamp Slots at the moment and if they fail to make their appointment then it's tough shit.

Scamp I am very jealous! I struggled to come back this time, but Oz will be amazeballs so its all good, I love Christmas in the Uk although not sure my liver could cope! Oxfor strret was hell already though - don't miss that bit!
You hate it here don't you.

Oxford St can get ****ed, as well as West Quay in Soton, carnage this time of year.

I've not been cold since last Xmas and it was quite mild (10-12 degrees). I'm genuinely not looking forward to it this year. I actually had a dream that I forgot my jacket home and had to get a train at 7am from Gatwick in shorts and tshirt.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:13 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I can never understand it when people fly home and then spend a week like a blue arsed fly seeing everyone. I tell friends/family I am home, my number and leave it up to them.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I can never understand it when people fly home and then spend a week like a blue arsed fly seeing everyone. I tell friends/family I am home, my number and leave it up to them.

I agree. I think it's rude of people to expect you to come to them all the time and then some get huffy that you haven't been to see them. They need a reality check. Old people are an exception, but mates can make the effort if they are real friends. I refuse to spend my time in the UK schlepping all over, especially as I no longer have a car there.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:16 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. The problem is when you have groups of friends who don't mix (for whatever reason). Last time I was back I had 4 nights in a row out on the lash. I am definitely too old for that...

Although I do find it weird that if your friends visit you in Dubai they expect you to take time off to show them around Dubai (the same places you have already been a gazillion times), but when you go back to the UK they are busy working, have other plans at night and frequently don't give a crap. Only when you are more or less ready to leave will they call you to say something like "Are you going already? We didn't get to meet. Can you change your plans (packing usually in my case) and come meet up for a beer?"....
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Interesting responses.

I think my opinion changes by mood.

I have to go to Portsmouth to see my step-sisters because it saves a bollocking from Dad.

I will organise a night out with the boys, in fact, several.

I have to be with my Mum Xmas Eve at night and Xmas day and Boxing Day (gran's b'day). So it leaves only a little time to squeeze in the other folk around the place...especially the mrs' bunch.

Tough love from now. You want Scamp, you come to him.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp- Hate is a strong word. I love London thats the difference.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Scamp- Hate is a strong word. I love London thats the difference.
So it's a yearning for London rather than a dislike of Dubai?

Reckon you'll ever look back and regret not giving Dxb the proper chance?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I thought about staying here for Xmas then I thought Phuket , I'll have a week in Thailand with wife and kids. Etihad fly direct.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp, Yes its a yearning for London more than a dislike of Dubai.

No regrets I've come here and done what I intended and have found my way of coping with it- (travelling away from Dubai lol), I feel I've given it a good chance just never felt settled here, guess its for some people and not for others. My regret would be staying here too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.