British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas, sorry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-sorry-716116/)

norsk May 9th 2011 7:21 am

Re: Christmas, sorry

christmas is overrated. i celebrated in bahrain last year and quite enjoyed watching santa and his helpers from philipines in crowne plaza. food was good, booze was fine and my son enjoyed the unlimited desserts.. :thumbsup:

not sure what we're doing this year, probably something similar. also going for 10 days to an adults only all inclusive resort in Jamaica earlier in December so will do my celebrating then..

co durham boy May 9th 2011 7:45 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 9351961)
christmas is overrated. i celebrated in bahrain last year and quite enjoyed watching santa and his helpers from philipines in crowne plaza. food was good, booze was fine and my son enjoyed the unlimited desserts.. :thumbsup:

not sure what we're doing this year, probably something similar. also going for 10 days to an adults only all inclusive resort in Jamaica earlier in December so will do my celebrating then..

Jamaica is a proper eye opener , great place , wild but great .

typical May 9th 2011 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Hippacrocapig (Post 9351745)
Thanks folks.. Was considering Sri Lanka and Thailand. Just trawling Expedia at the moment, possible 2/3 changes. Anyone recommend any other websites to trawl through. I just want two weeks on the beach drinking cocktails and the kids kept entertained. Like I have nothing better to do............ erm actually I dont!!!!

Emirates fly to both - one change in Dubai... may not be cheap though.

Norm_uk May 9th 2011 8:08 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 9350604)
If you drink a litre of egg-nog, the only ideas to come to mind are "Where is the nearest bucket?" And who wants to go on holiday to a bucket of puke? Might just as well stay in Riyadh...

Possibly but that depends how quickly you drink the litre...

Spugsy May 9th 2011 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9351039)
Sri Lanka , great place and very underated , cheap as chips as well .

yeah I was in Unawatuna the xmas before and we had a cracking time.

Alexa May 9th 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9353197)
yeah I was in Unawatuna the xmas before and we had a cracking time.

Just looked at that hotel, looks good. But it says it's a 4 hour drive to get there?

Spugsy May 10th 2011 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 9353274)
Just looked at that hotel, looks good. But it says it's a 4 hour drive to get there?

aye 3 and a half bouncing over roads all over the place, we just slept.

Alexa May 10th 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9354185)
aye 3 and a half bouncing over roads all over the place, we just slept.

ah ok, thanks.