Christmas Presents

Old Dec 26th 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Presents

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
It is about 2hrs 40mins but it honestly was really good. Mind you, I am a total fan of LOTRs. I will go and see it again, there is lots going on and you miss bits
There is no intermission either, so if you need a 'bathroom break' you need to pick your time
I preferred The Hobbit to all of the LOTR trilogy - the story was told at a better pace, with what was actually a more sensible plot (for a fantasy story). And Martin Freeman is perfect - just the right mix of naivety and charm for the role.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I preferred The Hobbit to all of the LOTR trilogy - the story was told at a better pace, with what was actually a more sensible plot (for a fantasy story). And Martin Freeman is perfect - just the right mix of naivety and charm for the role.
LOTR will always have a special place in my heart. I took my mother to the cinema every Christmas to watch the new 1. We had to re watch the 1st before we went to see the 2nd and then we had to re watch 1 and 2 before we saw the last 1..so she could remember what was going on

Every time she came to see me we would put a day aside and watch the whole trilogy back to back..well, with little intervals when she fell asleep

I took the set back to Cyprus with me last Christmas and we did the whole thing again. It was so lovely watching her watching the movies..she looked so happy.
I am hoping to surprise her for her 85th birthday this year and I will take the Hobbit with me and we will watch that together, God and her tenacity willing
Old Dec 26th 2012, 7:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you want to be so rude? Did I make any derogatory remarks about your post re bits of metal moulded to make a bike frame?? You were obviously delighted to have bought them for your Christmas present ..and even mentioned it would take you some time to save up to buy the other essential parts to make them all work.
At least my shoes are ready to wear darling!
Metal?? How offensive.
Sincere apologies for the "bag of spanners" comment. Completely uncalled for and not meant. After rereading my post, it will be hard to believe that I actually meant "at your age..(Let's face it, your no spring chicken) walking in these must play havoc on your calf's and tendons.

My bike is carbon fibre
Old Dec 26th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Metal?? How offensive.
Sincere apologies for the "bag of spanners" comment. Completely uncalled for and not meant. After rereading my post, it will be hard to believe that I actually meant "at your age..(Let's face it, your no spring chicken) walking in these must play havoc on your calf's and tendons.

My bike is carbon fibre
I accept your apology darling. xx

Heels that high make my calves look more fab than they are ..Not bad for an 'oldie'

enjoy your carbon fibre frame, it will be nice when you finish it
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:27 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Heels that high make my calves look more fab than they are ..Not bad for an 'oldie'

dont make it easy on my by accepting my apology. It really was a dickish thing to say.

Ill enjoy it when i am allowed to spend another 4000USD on wheels and a crankset, handlebars, pedals, saddle etc etc..it makes a fabulous dust gatherer right now
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It is about 2hrs 40mins but it honestly was really good. Mind you, I am a total fan of LOTRs. I will go and see it again, there is lots going on and you miss bits
There is no intermission either, so if you need a 'bathroom break' you need to pick your time
R wants to go but I don't think she will sit through a movie that long
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Metal?? How offensive.

My bike is carbon fibre

it's Christmas
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

dont make it easy on my by accepting my apology. It really was a dickish thing to say.

Ill enjoy it when i am allowed to spend another 4000USD on wheels and a crankset, handlebars, pedals, saddle etc etc..it makes a fabulous dust gatherer right now
"Dickish"
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:40 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

LOTR will always have a special place in my heart. I took my mother to the cinema every Christmas to watch the new 1. We had to re watch the 1st before we went to see the 2nd and then we had to re watch 1 and 2 before we saw the last 1..so she could remember what was going on

Every time she came to see me we would put a day aside and watch the whole trilogy back to back..well, with little intervals when she fell asleep

I took the set back to Cyprus with me last Christmas and we did the whole thing again. It was so lovely watching her watching the movies..she looked so happy.
I am hoping to surprise her for her 85th birthday this year and I will take the Hobbit with me and we will watch that together, God and her tenacity willing
I had no interest at all in watching the Hobbit. It's now on torrent (one of them Oscar review jobs) so watched it last night. It's bloody brilliant - I now regret not watching it in the cinema.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I had no interest at all in watching the Hobbit. It's now on torrent (one of them Oscar review jobs) so watched it last night. It's bloody brilliant - I now regret not watching it in the cinema.
That was a good copy too. I dl'd it and re-watched it yesterday. I think I actually preferred that to the 3d one. It is still showing at the cinema you know.

Did you see LOTR trilogy darling? There is a very good copy out there of the directors cut. and it is a freeleech