View Poll Results: Where do we want drinks?
Tecom (yes please)
23.08%
Irish Village (close to my work so Ok)
7.69%
Downtown (so in the middle)
15.38%
Old town but can't remember which bar was suggested?
7.69%
I'm not coming as I'm in Abu Dhabi
23.08%
Bah Humbug
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Christmas drinks Pt 2

Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas drinks Pt 2

Typical, you don't need to explain yourself...................

Anyone who was at the great 'Riyadh Night Out' is a life member of the "Never Need To Make Excuses For Anything Ever Again" club.
Attached Thumbnails Christmas drinks Pt 2-riyadh-night-out-july-2008.jpg  
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad we're all getting into the Christmas spirit on this thread.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:49 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm glad we're all getting into the Christmas spirit on this thread.
if your not planning on attending, please do not post on this thread. Its people like you that spoil threads and ultimately when the night out is a flop, its your fault.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:24 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not planning to attend but i'd still like to throw in my two cents worth. how about we meet at 7pm at the Irish Village? Sounds good?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
i'm not planning to attend but i'd still like to throw in my two cents worth. how about we meet at 7pm at the Irish Village? Sounds good?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
if your not planning on attending, please do not post on this thread. Its people like you that spoil threads and ultimately when the night out is a flop, its your fault.
That's a bit harsh, mate. I've said I'll be going--just seems that the Christmas spirit is a bit lacking in this thread...:-)

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Nov 18th 2010 at 7:34 am.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:50 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
and yeah Lionheart, you are always posting on these threads moaning about stuff, but you never ever turn up and I am sure you never even planned to go either, so what is your point...arrghhhhhhhhhhhh...
Just wanted to know where Leftbank is, that's all. I go to the Burj Khalifa area regularly on business but have never come across it. Still none the wiser...and I do go to things like the Arte Souq.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just wanted to know where Leftbank is, that's all. I go to the Burj Khalifa area regularly on business but have never come across it. Still none the wiser...and I do go to things like the Arte Souq.
Level 2 at SAB, overlooks the fountains apparently. I've only been to the one at the Madinat before, but by far one of the most chilled out bars here IMHO.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Level 2 at SAB, overlooks the fountains apparently. I've only been to the one at the Madinat before, but by far one of the most chilled out bars here IMHO.
correct. IIRC there is an outside balcony.

There is another pretty cool bar next to it..cant for the life remember its name. Marrakesh or something?

I love it down there.

Having a few beers and watching the water display is great.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
Oh it's the famous one where the hottest and most expensive Russian hookers in Dubai hang out. Now I know the place you are talking about. Sounds good to me.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:04 am
banned

Originally Posted by lionheart
Oh it's the famous one where the hottest and most expensive Russian hookers in Dubai hang out. Now I know the place you are talking about. Sounds good to me.
how much do you pay for them?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:18 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
how much do you pay for them?
It must have been an ego body blow when they said to LH.....'you're 'aving a laugh mate, take your cash elsewhere, we have some standards left ya know' (in a rough Russian cockney accent)

Last edited by BangleMan; Nov 18th 2010 at 9:18 am. Reason: .
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:30 am
banned

Originally Posted by BangleMan
It must have been an ego body blow when they said to LH.....'you're 'aving a laugh mate, take your cash elsewhere, we have some standards left ya know' (in a rough Russian cockney accent)
that and the 10AED that he was waggling in front of them.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

1 week too early for me