Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Christmas Dinner delivery service

Christmas Dinner delivery service

Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Dinner delivery service

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
1762Deli are working on some Christmas sandwiches, their sandwiches are the best I have ever had in Dubai by a long shot. http://www.1762.ae/

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5371984&type=3 here are some photos I took last time I was there
ive heard good things about 1762 and also that its impossible to get near the place at lunchtime.

ps BC try using two hands to hold your camera
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Questions BC:

1. Where is it? Their map is just of DIFC and 'Building 5' isn't helpful.
2. Are they open at weekends?
3. Have you had the hoisin wrap, is it mega?
4. Do they consider Tomato an ingredient that should be mentioned or do they say 'cheese and lettuce sandwich' and chuck tomato in just to **** me off?

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a tomato phobia, Scamp?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Have you got a tomato phobia, Scamp?
No, just don't like them and I'm sick of finding them (and mushrooms) in food when it's not advertised that it contains such hateful foods.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
ive heard good things about 1762 and also that its impossible to get near the place at lunchtime.

ps BC try using two hands to hold your camera
been on a course I am getting better, took this one yesterday
Attached Thumbnails Christmas Dinner delivery service-014.jpg  
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Questions BC:

1. Where is it? Their map is just of DIFC and 'Building 5' isn't helpful.
2. Are they open at weekends?
3. Have you had the hoisin wrap, is it mega?
4. Do they consider Tomato an ingredient that should be mentioned or do they say 'cheese and lettuce sandwich' and chuck tomato in just to **** me off?

Thanks
no they aren't open weekends, they are a weekday 9-5 business but do delivery. Place is always mobbed. I parked at the back and got the lift up to the terrace level and it was right there. They say it is it is, no sly tomatoes.

http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/1762deli/

and the duck and hoisin wrap is mega mega!! the roast beef in yorkshire pudding wrap is awesome as well
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

been on a course I am getting better, took this one yesterday
nice but its still out of focus

by the way iphone 4s camera is pretty damn good. david loftus uses his a lot to photograph jamie olivers food http://instagram.com/davidloftus
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:26 am
Account Closed

no they aren't open weekends, they are a weekday 9-5 business but do delivery. Place is always mobbed. I parked at the back and got the lift up to the terrace level and it was right there. They say it is it is, no sly tomatoes.

http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/1762deli/

and the duck and hoisin wrap is mega mega!! the roast beef in yorkshire pudding wrap is awesome as well
Bugger. Bet they don't deliver to JLT from either venue.

Oh well, one day I'll find and try it.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:32 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shiva
nice but its still out of focus

by the way iphone 4s camera is pretty damn good. david loftus uses his a lot to photograph jamie olivers food http://instagram.com/davidloftus
I am learning, I had the micro thing on, I really like the contrast between the white and the salad. The course I went on was iPhone photography but my phone crashes every time I take a shot, need a new one but skint so it will have to wait
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bugger. Bet they don't deliver to JLT from either venue.

Oh well, one day I'll find and try it.
they might be catering an event at my house which will be a Saturday, I will invite you for the food
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:40 am
Account Closed

they might be catering an event at my house which will be a Saturday, I will invite you for the food
Be careful, if my rent situation isn't fixed I might not leave
Old Nov 13th 2012, 6:44 am