Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Christmas Dinner delivery service

Christmas Dinner delivery service

Old Nov 12th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas Dinner delivery service

I usually cook Christmas Dinner myself, although last year we went to The Rivington which was absolutely lovely. I would love to go back, however this year we have a small baby and I worry that she may misbehave. Well, not misbehave as such, but you know what I mean.

As I will only have Christmas Day off, my husband has suggested that we get one of these Christmas Dinner delivery things that some of the hotels do. To be honest, I am not overwhelmed with enthusiasm, but it kind of makes sense, I guess.

So, has anybody here done this and do you have any suggestions for who does a good takeaway Christmas Dinner?

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Dinner delivery service

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla View Post
I usually cook Christmas Dinner myself, although last year we went to The Rivington which was absolutely lovely. I would love to go back, however this year we have a small baby and I worry that she may misbehave. Well, not misbehave as such, but you know what I mean.

As I will only have Christmas Day off, my husband has suggested that we get one of these Christmas Dinner delivery things that some of the hotels do. To be honest, I am not overwhelmed with enthusiasm, but it kind of makes sense, I guess.

So, has anybody here done this and do you have any suggestions for who does a good takeaway Christmas Dinner?

Thanks
Some friends of mine have done that, they ordered from either Jumeirah Beach Hotel or the Emirates Towers, both of which were very good. Not sure how much though. I'm going to Al Qasr on Christmas day
Old Nov 12th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Thanks
Have a look at RSd, its will deliver from lots of hotels in dubai, room service deliverery
Old Nov 12th 2012, 6:34 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

The hotels will start advertising take away Xmas lunches towards end of this month, loads do it but not sure about delivery, I went to Intercontinental last year and there was dozens of lunches being picked up, my friend used the Jumeira Beach Hotel and said the whole take away lunch was excellent, still undecided about this year but am thinking of the take away, issue being cant have a drink till lunchtime after picking up the meal, i do like couple glasses of bubbly for a. Xmas breakfast and taxis will be manic, problem is that you never know the taxi isn't coming till it doesn't arrive, they never tell you and once it doesn't turn up you cannot get through to taxi service. That's my experience anyway.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. Does it arrive hot, or do you need to heat it up?

Good point rowell. I also like a couple of glasses of champagne with breakfast on Christmas Day. My solution is to ask a limo company I use for work to pick it up. They are never late and always have a clean car. They charge probably double what a normal taxi driver charges, but it is worth it. It's Christmas, after all .
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:49 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

we've had this once, turkey was fine but the veg was awful. cooked veg just doesn't travel everything tastes bland and soggy.
since veg is probably the easiest bit i'd suggest ordering a turkey only and doing the veg yourself
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
we've had this once, turkey was fine but the veg was awful. cooked veg just doesn't travel everything tastes bland and soggy.
since veg is probably the easiest bit i'd suggest ordering a turkey only and doing the veg yourself
Thanks, that's good advice. When you say 'veg', do you mean the potatoes as well?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:14 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that's good advice. When you say 'veg', do you mean the potatoes as well?
well if you like soggy roast spuds....

problem is they put hot steaming veg in containers to travel, the steam then continues to cook everything and any lovely crunchy spuds just turn soggy. you could in theory re cook the spuds in a fryer or oven to crisp them up again but if your doing that you might as well do them in the first place. For things like carrots i suppose they are edible but i have a passionate hatred for overcooked veg
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm... yeah, I agree with you, I don't like overcooked veg. Although thinking about it we should be ever such a bit tiddled by the time it arrives, so probably wouldn't even notice
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:37 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm... yeah, I agree with you, I don't like overcooked veg. Although thinking about it we should be ever such a bit tiddled by the time it arrives, so probably wouldn't even notice
Get KFC then.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:07 am