Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Christmas Day Meal in Dubai

Christmas Day Meal in Dubai

Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bakerboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas Day Meal in Dubai

This will be my first Christmas in Dubai.
Where would be the best most festive restaurant serving A la carte on Christmas Day Evening?
where do you normaly go ?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Day Meal in Dubai

Originally Posted by Bakerboy View Post
This will be my first Christmas in Dubai.
Where would be the best most festive restaurant serving A la carte on Christmas Day Evening?
where do you normaly go ?
A lot of places do a Christmas Brunch. There is so much choice and price ranges. Wait until nearer the time and All the hotels will start advertising. Plenty of Christmas Dinner options too. Christmas is lovely here. More decorations and Christmas spirit than you will find in the UK :-)

Oh ...and welcome to the Bored.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

It's bloody August FFS...
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:27 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
The boy is excited. Good on him.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
I hear you LH. I don't want to hear anything about Christmas until at least mid-November.
-
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:42 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
I hear you LH. I don't want to hear anything about Christmas until at least mid-November.
-
When do you put the Christmas deco's up?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
When do you put the Christmas deco's up?
A few days before 25th December, why?
-
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:45 am
Millhouse is not a meme

A few days before 25th December, why?
-
Just curious - Ours go up early December. Awful things. We argue about the bloody things every year!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 5:51 am
Bored liberal

Just curious - Ours go up early December. Awful things. We argue about the bloody things every year!
Now that I don't understand. Christmas is arguably a one day event, perhaps a few more with holidays, but why do people make the damn thing last six weeks?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:01 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Now that I don't understand. Christmas is arguably a one day event, perhaps a few more with holidays, but why do people make the damn thing last six weeks?
you have just walked straight into the annual argument of the Millhouse household...

My birthday is just before Christmas - the sole birthday card that I receive is simply lost in all the clutter.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:09 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

It isn't Christmas until the annual board fight over whether it is possible to have a proper Christmas in the UAE because the weather is too warm and too sunny.

Then the board has a squabble over whether Christmas means you must be with the family or if a boozy brunch with friends is fine.

The above will lead to the squabble over tradition versus making your own way.

Ah, Christmas. Can't wait!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:12 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because it's fun.

Because the winters in the northerm hemisphere are long and dreary and devoting six weeks to the run up for Christmas, Christmas and the post Christmas shopping orgy is a great way to break up the otherwise tediousness of a northern winter.

Because it is a great opportunity to bake and gorge on lots of rich food and guzzle lots of booze.

Because it is a great opportunity to carefully plan the special gifts for your loved ones.

I enjoy every moment of it. Six weeks is a bit long but four is just fine for me.

Last edited by Ethos83; Aug 9th 2010 at 6:15 am.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:17 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post
Because it's fun.

Because the winters in the northerm hemisphere are long and dreary and devoting six weeks to the run up for Christmas, Christmas and the post Christmas shopping orgy is a great way to break up the otherwise tediousness of a northern winter.

Because it is a great opportunity to bake and gorge on lots of rich food and guzzle lots of booze.

Because it is a great opportunity to carefully plan the special gifts for your loved ones.

I enjoy every moment of it. Six weeks is a bit long but four is just fine for me.
We even have to have the Christmas CDs playing... in the car!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:38 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

We even have to have the Christmas CDs playing... in the car!
That was one of the weirdest times of my spell in Dubai...driving down Al Khail Road with Christmas music playing...dashing through the sand, in a big white 4x4...flashing our headlights...texting all the way.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post

Then the board has a squabble over whether Christmas means you must be with the family or if a boozy brunch with friends is fine.
Well I don't have any family here so always have a lovely brunch with friends
I always book a large table at Al Qasr and then anybody who wants to can join me.

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Aug 9th 2010 at 6:54 am.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.