British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-919808/)

IKnowNothing Dec 1st 2018 6:58 am

Christmas

(As it's now December).

What's everyone doing? I'm not sure yet, looked at some of the prices of Christmas day brunches, anything upto £200 each! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Am thinking we'll all converge on one of the lad's places up here and bring copious bottles of plonk.

What's everyone else doing?

DXBtoDOH Dec 1st 2018 8:11 am

Re: Christmas

Spain. Madrid. Probably walking around a quiet city centre before having a late lunch in the flat. Apparently there's a food hall that's open and we may check that out.

tooboocoo Dec 1st 2018 8:46 am

Cape Town. Summer, beaches, wine... :thumbsup:

co durham boy Dec 4th 2018 2:55 am

Sri Lanka for a week

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 4th 2018 4:34 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12602451)
(As it's now December).

What's everyone doing? I'm not sure yet, looked at some of the prices of Christmas day brunches, anything upto £200 each! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Am thinking we'll all converge on one of the lad's places up here and bring copious bottles of plonk.

What's everyone else doing?

Beautiful.

Heading back to the motherland to be surrounded by grey, rain, misery, cold weather and moaning little Englander *****.
12 days of charging around the South seeing people, visiting potential wedding venues and probably getting ill or worn out in the process, requiring planning for an early 2019 holiday to recover.

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12603688)
Sri Lanka for a week

Two words: Christmas curry.

reddiva Dec 4th 2018 4:38 am

Northern Ireland for 2 weeks ( leave on 19th) Sleep/drink/food/shopping
I cannot wait. I hate being in Dubai for Christmas. It feels odd eating a Christmas Dinner when it is warm outside

co durham boy Dec 4th 2018 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12603712)
Beautiful.

Heading back to the motherland to be surrounded by grey, rain, misery, cold weather and moaning little Englander *****.
12 days of charging around the South seeing people, visiting potential wedding venues and probably getting ill or worn out in the process, requiring planning for an early 2019 holiday to recover.

Two words: Christmas curry.

Escaping here and the UK is a logical step this year for me , stayed last year and although I enjoyed the time off it just didn't feel like a real time break and can't be arsed with the UK in winter .

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 4th 2018 9:24 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12603762)
Escaping here and the UK is a logical step this year for me , stayed last year and although I enjoyed the time off it just didn't feel like a real time break and can't be arsed with the UK in winter .

I stayed here last year and was only the second Christmas Day I've had with the Mrs in the 8 we'd been together as a couple for. For that reason I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Going home is nice though, as much as I'll moan about it, it's still nice to see friends and family and all that.