British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-739696/)

kittycat1 Nov 22nd 2011 8:50 am

Christmas

Well I'm starting to feel Christmassy- putting up my tree this week- planning for the party of the decade, looking forwards to going home (feels like ages), having my first xmas at home for 3 years and even though I know I'll be stressed within 5 minutes of entering I can't wait- - noone know im going so can't wait to see the expression on me mam and dads faces. :D

So can i have some nice nostalgic christmas replies to keep me in the christmas mood. Whats been your best Christmas ever?

falalalaalalalaaaaa la la la laaaaa

xxx

shiva Nov 22nd 2011 9:30 am

Re: Christmas

It's still November for **** sake. Don't put a bloody tree up yet. In fact don't bother at all your not going to be here and it's bad luck to have it outside the twelve days

kittycat1 Nov 22nd 2011 9:32 am

that rule was made up by a man whose wife wanted to put up the decorations in november :p

norsk Nov 22nd 2011 9:34 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9747594)
Well I'm starting to feel Christmassy- putting up my tree this week- planning for the party of the decade, looking forwards to going home (feels like ages), having my first xmas at home for 3 years and even though I know I'll be stressed within 5 minutes of entering I can't wait- - noone know im going so can't wait to see the expression on me mam and dads faces. :D

So can i have some nice nostalgic christmas replies to keep me in the christmas mood. Whats been your best Christmas ever?

xxx

bah humbug!

Millsyisland Nov 22nd 2011 9:38 am

We went home for Christmas last year so won't be going this year. It was great though as there was shed-loads of snow and it was my kids' first experience of snow, so despite being bloody cold was great fun.

Had an interesting journey from the airport (the day before they shut some of them) when we arrived too as there was a rapid drop in temperature and we were staying in the sticks on untreated roads - skidded off the road twice with the second time stranded at the bottom of an icy hill. Luckily my father-in-law has a 4 wheel drive so was able to come and rescue us and tow us up the hill, otherwise not sure what we would have done. Need a good stiff drink when we arrived I can tell you!

You'll have a great time, particularly if they don't know your going, it'll (hopefully) be a lovely surprise for them - enjoy!

kittycat1 Nov 22nd 2011 9:41 am

you miserable bastards-

_jon_ Nov 22nd 2011 10:24 am

having my first xmas at home for 3 years

As some of you expats are coming home for Christmas, I'm f-ing off to make room for you.

Two weeks in Singapore and Malaysia, flying Xmas eve, Christmas morning in DOHA. Presents secreted in the hand luggage for the kids....:thumbsup:

Meow Nov 22nd 2011 10:43 am

xxx

kittycat1, I love you dearly but will you please shut the **** up about Christmas until 1st December.

Thank you :wub:

kittycat1 Nov 22nd 2011 10:55 am

:ohmy: :cry_smile: :getcoat:

I'll be back

Spugsy Nov 22nd 2011 11:15 am

xxx

I love Christmas, always was brilliant back home out after work meeting mates on their works nights out, pulling pissed office birds and wandering home in jut a t shirt freezing my tits off.

And thesedays I get my kicks by the look of joy on mrs spugsy's face when I giver her her presesnts, she's done alright over the years....

Spugsy Nov 22nd 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by _jon_ (Post 9747731)
As some of you expats are coming home for Christmas, I'm f-ing off to make room for you.

Two weeks in Singapore and Malaysia, flying Xmas eve, Christmas morning in DOHA. Presents secreted in the hand luggage for the kids....:thumbsup:

Aye Langowyi Island for me for xmas for 5 days, a couple of days in KL then off to Bondi for a week over NYE - get up there sausage!

Meow Nov 22nd 2011 11:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9747790)
:ohmy: :cry_smile: :getcoat:

I'll be back

It's only 8 days until 1st December ;)

Meow Nov 22nd 2011 11:19 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9747671)

We have a new staff member called Roy Wood. I haven't met him yet but I am going to be very disappointed if he doesn't have long bushy hair and face paint.

_jon_ Nov 22nd 2011 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9747814)
Aye Langowyi Island for me for xmas for 5 days, a couple of days in KL then off to Bondi for a week over NYE - get up there sausage!

We'll be in Langkawi on the 2nd Jan, our NY will be in Penang.

auzdafluff Nov 23rd 2011 3:12 am

To be fair to Kitty, the vast majority of Americans will be putting it up this weekend.

It's sort of tradition, from what I understand, that after Thanksgiving and Black Friday are over, they spend that weekend putting the Christmas tree etc up.

I'll be putting mine up soon, but only because I'm going back to surprise my parents, and if I don't put it up either this weekend or next or they might catch wind that something's a miss. :p