British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Chris Grayling defends child smacking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chris-grayling-defends-child-smacking-786085/)

OleJanx Feb 6th 2013 8:09 am

Re: Chris Grayling defends child smacking

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10528059)
Or pee on his hands and tell him you will continue to do this until he washes them....

Umm.....

Miss Anne Thrope Feb 6th 2013 8:16 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10528059)
Or pee on his hands and tell him you will continue to do this until he washes them....

That sounds like parenting a la Millhouse.... :rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 6th 2013 10:34 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10528062)
shiva, that zorbing video has me doubled up, tears rolling down my face. I feel terrible laughing at their misfortune - I hope they were OK and didn't die or anything?

Just read one of them died, Now I feel awful. :-(

Oh wow. Post of the year so far?

The Dean Feb 6th 2013 10:51 am

shiva, that zorbing video has me doubled up, tears rolling down my face. I feel terrible laughing at their misfortune - I hope they were OK and didn't die or anything?

I'm laughing my head off at that clip of Jimmy Savile fondling that girl on Top Of The Pops circa 1974......... I hope she saw the funny side of it......... anyway, no harm done........ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NorthernLad Feb 6th 2013 11:03 am

He was Russian, don't lose any sleep over it.

Desert Dubliner Feb 6th 2013 11:48 am

Looks like something Russians would do. I remember reading about their WW2 experiments with airborne troops deployment without parachutes (didn't have enough) with airplanes flying low over fields. They expected 40-50% to be combat ready and gave up when the result was about 25% with the other 75% being either dead or wounded. The fact that they were ok with 50-60% being dead or wounded speaks volumes of their dedication to health and safety. Just watch Russian roads on youtube. Some of the stuff there makes this zorbing look like a reasonable thing to do.

shiva Feb 7th 2013 4:23 am

yeah, laughing was probably not the right response.

kittycat1 Feb 7th 2013 4:44 am

I possibly should have read the video title before I watched it, there was a hint in there that it wasnt a happy ever after ending. However isn't it a bit sick to post the video that resulted in someones death? ( yes it's sicker to laugh at it- but, If they had both been fine it would have been funny and i didnt realise someone died as a result.) It had elements of Only Fools and Horses - the one where Delboy is on the jetski and heads out to sea about it.

shiva Feb 7th 2013 4:50 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10530037)
I possibly should have read the video title before I watched it, there was a hint in there that it wasnt a happy ever after ending. However isn't it a bit sick to post the video that resulted in someones death? ( yes it's sicker to laugh at it- but, If they had both been fine it would have been funny and i didnt realise someone died as a result.) It had elements of Only Fools and Horses - the one where Delboy is on the jetski and heads out to sea about it.

woah, slow down there. I merely provided a link to something out there in the wild internets with a clearly visible title.
as for laughing at death, **** it why not, death by misadventure is at least an ok way to go in my book and if your into zorbing you probably have sense of humour

kittycat1 Feb 7th 2013 5:00 am

oh No I don't mean you're sick Shiva, the people that posted it on Youtube I meant- oh God, just shoot me - blurghhh foot in mouth disease

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 7th 2013 5:51 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10530053)
oh No I don't mean you're sick Shiva, the people that posted it on Youtube I meant- oh God, just shoot me - blurghhh foot in mouth disease

You've changed.

It used to be about the love, the little kittens, the caring.

Now you laugh at death.

UNBELIEVABLE.

kittycat1 Feb 7th 2013 5:56 am

Mwhahahahhahahaha (evil laugh)

Not really; I still love kittens

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 7th 2013 6:06 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10530102)
Mwhahahahhahahaha (evil laugh)

I now eat kittens for brekkie.

I can't believe you just posted that ^

OriginalSunshine Feb 7th 2013 6:09 am

lol - you lot clearly don't watch horrible histories with your kids on tv, where there's a section called "stupid deaths"

weasel decentral Feb 7th 2013 6:16 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10530053)

Why not laugh, it would be stranger to be upset or sad for the death of some random zorb-er.

**** it his death provided a few seconds of laughter for people round the world. :D