Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Chris Grayling defends child smacking

Chris Grayling defends child smacking

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chris Grayling defends child smacking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21311916

Justice Secretary Chris Grayling says he smacked his own children when they were young and has defended the right of parents to smack.

Awesome - I can't wait to get home and give mini a good hiding.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Chris Grayling defends child smacking

Originally Posted by Millhouse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21311916

Justice Secretary Chris Grayling says he smacked his own children when they were young and has defended the right of parents to smack.

Why not, eh?

If I was being a complete prick I'd get the following:

THE look
Scamp, middle name 1, middle name 2, surname!
A very quiet warning of the impending punishment.
BOOM. Smacked arse.

If you need telling 4 times, you need a smack.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:38 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why not, eh?

If I was being a complete prick I'd get the following:

THE look
Scamp, middle name 1, middle name 2, surname!
A very quiet warning of the impending punishment.
BOOM. Smacked arse.

If you need telling 4 times, you need a smack.
Absolutely correct. Was the only deterrent for me. The fear of mums slipper always stopped me behaving like a tw@t. Probbaly explains why I see so many spoilt brats these days as the only punishment is a stern lecture or they are not allowed to watch the tweenies.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:40 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure you can actually get away with a remark like that without sounding just a bit creepy and sinister??? Or was that what you were going for?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Are you sure you can actually get away with a remark like that without sounding just a bit creepy and sinister??? Or was that what you were going for?
I'm not sure what it means in your household fella, but it's nothing sinister or creepy in mine.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Absolutely correct. Was the only deterrent for me. The fear of mums slipper always stopped me behaving like a tw@t. Probbaly explains why I see so many spoilt brats these days as the only punishment is a stern lecture or they are not allowed to watch the tweenies.
I generally got to 'THE look' and stopped whatever I was doing.

Mum was more about rewards for being good. "Help Mummy do this big food shop and I'll make sure there is a treat in there for after tea" kind of shit. Used to work though.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:54 am

I'm not sure what it means in your household fella, but it's nothing sinister or creepy in mine.
Just a bit of good old-fashioned child abuse then.....nothing to see here!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:56 am

They **** you up, your mum and dad.
They don't mean to but they do.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:17 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I generally got to 'THE look' and stopped whatever I was doing.

Mum was more about rewards for being good. "Help Mummy do this big food shop and I'll make sure there is a treat in there for after tea" kind of shit. Used to work though.
Dad was good cop, Mum bad cop. They did occasionally change roles but that was just confusing. I do remember offering my Granddad out when I was being a very special prick, I must of been about 12. Stepped outside onto the lawn and got dropped in 1. I never again messed about with my ex Army boxing champion and generally hard desert rat grandfather.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Dad was good cop, Mum bad cop. They did occasionally change roles but that was just confusing. I do remember offering my Granddad out when I was being a very special prick, I must of been about 12. Stepped outside onto the lawn and got dropped in 1. I never again messed about with my ex Army boxing champion and generally hard desert rat grandfather.
Mum was generally bad cop. But that was because Dad turned up on Saturday morning and took me (and my sister) off to do fun shit for the day and then dropped us back at the rule-makers.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:11 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

tough on Mum. she must have hated that.

oh and britishexpat:
I must have been about 12
... just correcting that for you
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
tough on Mum. she must have hated that.
Why? I'm good cop in my house. We never discussed these roles, it's just the why it naturally evolved.

Last edited by Millhouse; Feb 3rd 2013 at 3:57 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I think Chris Grayling has done nothing the majority of parents in his generation have done. I smacked my son once or twice when he was very small...now I only hit him in self defence.

N.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:57 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like Scamps parents were divorced the way he wrote it, and she had to do all the day to day shit and lay down rules, and dad swooped in like a superhero, spoilt the kids, and swooped out again. but maybe I'm assuming too much?!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is this post a cry for help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.