Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Chris Froome to win TdF

Chris Froome to win TdF

Old Jul 20th 2013, 10:07 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chris Froome to win TdF

Well done sir...
Old Jul 21st 2013, 2:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chris Froome to win TdF

By a country mile.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The big climb a few stages ago (must have been 16/17?) when he was left with Quintana was unbelievable to watch.

Phenomenal athlete.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 5:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
The big climb a few stages ago (must have been 16/17?) when he was left with Quintana was unbelievable to watch.

Phenomenal athlete.
That would have been on Mount Ventoux.

Make no mistake, Chris Froome would have won it last year also...
Old Jul 21st 2013, 5:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
That would have been on Mount Ventoux.

Make no mistake, Chris Froome would have won it last year also...
He came second didn't he?

Team Sky didn't look as organized in the earlier stages this year either, but Richie Porte did an epic job on that stage.

I just can't get over how skinny Froome's upper body is. Mental. Still, the smash he gave a guy running along side was impressive.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:03 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Will he get knighted and win Sports Personality of the year though? I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

Congrats CF, was impressive watching the last 30 minutes yesterday, the top 3 riders came 1,2 and 3rd, that doesn't happen too often does it?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:17 am
banned

Originally Posted by Kix
Will he get knighted and win Sports Personality of the year though? I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

Congrats CF, was impressive watching the last 30 minutes yesterday, the top 3 riders came 1,2 and 3rd, that doesn't happen too often does it?
who gives a **** about sports personality of the year? Its a worthless award.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:23 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
No he probably wont, but I doubt Froome would necessarily care about that.

Even though the effort and skill involved in winning this year against last year is most likely the same, both Wiggins and Murray wins will have been seen as "special" as it was the British first (ever, or for 77 years) win plus the Olympic Golds...
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:27 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I was meaning in the same way that Wiggins did last year guys - I still think it was the sideburns that won it for him - so much personality there.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I think not, that'll be the scots twat.
That would be the double Grand slam winning, Olympic champion, Olympic silver medalist Scots twat would it? I thought it was just us Scots who were meant to be bitter!

Personally I think knighthoods for sportsmen are handed out a little too quickly these days, they would be better kept to be after they've retired as an acknowledgement for a whole career, rather than as a knee-jerk reaction to a success.

Marvelous ride by Froome, he thoroughly deserves to win having controlled so much of the race this year, and for the huge amount of work he’d did for his team last year.

Quintana looks like he could be a serious challenger in the future, indeed looks like there is a healthy new generation coming through the ranks this year.

Last edited by the_red_sheep; Jul 21st 2013 at 9:50 am.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:42 am
banned

[QUOTE=the_red_sheep;10810901]
Originally Posted by Kix
I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

That would be the double Grand slam winning, Olympic champion, Olympic silver medalist Scots twat would it? I thought it was just us Scots who were meant to be bitter!

Personally I think knighthoods for sportsmen are handed out a little too quickly these days, they would be better kept to be after they've retired as an acknowledgement for a whole career, rather than as a knee-jerk reaction to a success.

Marvelous ride by Froome, he thoroughly deserves to win having controlled so much of the race this year, and for the huge amount of work he’d did for his team last year.

Quintana looks like he could be a serious challenger in the future, indeed looks like there is a healthy new generation coming through the ranks this year.
spot on in every sense. Apart from Sir Alex Ferguson. To be fair, it looked like he would die as MUFC manager, so I guess they had to knight him
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:45 am
banned

[QUOTE=the_red_sheep;10810901]
Originally Posted by Kix
He's Columbian FFS
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:48 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=commander;10810915]
Originally Posted by the_red_sheep

He's Columbian FFS
By rights he should be able to cycle non stop for the 20+ days of the tour. Sniff of some proper 100% bam bam and he'll be cycling at the front no-handed.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
He's Columbian FFS
Yeah, I meant generally across the field there seems to be a new crop of good riders, rather than Brits specifically.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:53 am
banned

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Yeah, I meant generally across the field there seems to be a new crop of good riders, rather than Brits specifically.
I was referring to the "healthy young generation". He is the peloton peddler