British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Chris Froome to win TdF (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chris-froome-win-tdf-803491/)

Autonomy Jul 20th 2013 10:07 pm

Chris Froome to win TdF

Well done sir...

commander Jul 21st 2013 2:17 am

Re: Chris Froome to win TdF

By a country mile.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 21st 2013 4:48 am

The big climb a few stages ago (must have been 16/17?) when he was left with Quintana was unbelievable to watch.

Phenomenal athlete.

commander Jul 21st 2013 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10810642)
The big climb a few stages ago (must have been 16/17?) when he was left with Quintana was unbelievable to watch.

Phenomenal athlete.

That would have been on Mount Ventoux.

Make no mistake, Chris Froome would have won it last year also...

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 21st 2013 5:53 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10810671)
That would have been on Mount Ventoux.

Make no mistake, Chris Froome would have won it last year also...

He came second didn't he?

Team Sky didn't look as organized in the earlier stages this year either, but Richie Porte did an epic job on that stage.

I just can't get over how skinny Froome's upper body is. Mental. Still, the smash he gave a guy running along side was impressive.

Kix Jul 21st 2013 6:03 am

Will he get knighted and win Sports Personality of the year though? I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

Congrats CF, was impressive watching the last 30 minutes yesterday, the top 3 riders came 1,2 and 3rd, that doesn't happen too often does it?

commander Jul 21st 2013 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10810679)
Will he get knighted and win Sports Personality of the year though? I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

Congrats CF, was impressive watching the last 30 minutes yesterday, the top 3 riders came 1,2 and 3rd, that doesn't happen too often does it?

who gives a **** about sports personality of the year? Its a worthless award.

Autonomy Jul 21st 2013 6:23 am

No he probably wont, but I doubt Froome would necessarily care about that.

Even though the effort and skill involved in winning this year against last year is most likely the same, both Wiggins and Murray wins will have been seen as "special" as it was the British first (ever, or for 77 years) win plus the Olympic Golds...

Kix Jul 21st 2013 6:27 am

I was meaning in the same way that Wiggins did last year guys - I still think it was the sideburns that won it for him - so much personality there.

the_red_sheep Jul 21st 2013 9:35 am

I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

That would be the double Grand slam winning, Olympic champion, Olympic silver medalist Scots twat would it? I thought it was just us Scots who were meant to be bitter!

Personally I think knighthoods for sportsmen are handed out a little too quickly these days, they would be better kept to be after they've retired as an acknowledgement for a whole career, rather than as a knee-jerk reaction to a success.

Marvelous ride by Froome, he thoroughly deserves to win having controlled so much of the race this year, and for the huge amount of work he’d did for his team last year.

Quintana looks like he could be a serious challenger in the future, indeed looks like there is a healthy new generation coming through the ranks this year.

commander Jul 21st 2013 9:42 am

[QUOTE=the_red_sheep;10810901]

I think not, that'll be the scots twat.

That would be the double Grand slam winning, Olympic champion, Olympic silver medalist Scots twat would it? I thought it was just us Scots who were meant to be bitter!

Personally I think knighthoods for sportsmen are handed out a little too quickly these days, they would be better kept to be after they've retired as an acknowledgement for a whole career, rather than as a knee-jerk reaction to a success.

Marvelous ride by Froome, he thoroughly deserves to win having controlled so much of the race this year, and for the huge amount of work he’d did for his team last year.

Quintana looks like he could be a serious challenger in the future, indeed looks like there is a healthy new generation coming through the ranks this year.

spot on in every sense. Apart from Sir Alex Ferguson. To be fair, it looked like he would die as MUFC manager, so I guess they had to knight him:rofl:

commander Jul 21st 2013 9:45 am

[QUOTE=the_red_sheep;10810901]

He's Columbian FFS:D

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 21st 2013 9:48 am

[QUOTE=commander;10810915]

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10810901)

By rights he should be able to cycle non stop for the 20+ days of the tour. Sniff of some proper 100% bam bam and he'll be cycling at the front no-handed.

the_red_sheep Jul 21st 2013 9:56 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10810915)

Yeah, I meant generally across the field there seems to be a new crop of good riders, rather than Brits specifically.

commander Jul 21st 2013 10:53 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10810935)
Yeah, I meant generally across the field there seems to be a new crop of good riders, rather than Brits specifically.

I was referring to the "healthy young generation". He is the peloton peddler:D