Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Chris Fisher and the Mountain Of Debt

Chris Fisher and the Mountain Of Debt

Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:59 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chris Fisher and the Mountain Of Debt

280,000dhs to be precise...

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....710239886/1042
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chris Fisher and the Mountain Of Debt

probably quite small in comparison to some debts people have got into over there
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

bet all his 'fans' on here have deserted him now....

what a muppet though really...
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:44 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Nice to know you can not pay tax for ten years then go back because you have lived a completely financially irresponsible lifestyle and the state will give you enought money to eat and drink each week until you find work.

I don't have sympathy for him or others who rack up huge debts buying property in boom bubbles or living it up off the credit card...I do believe the UAE desperate needs bankruptcies laws to stop people feeling like they need to run away thought...

N.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:26 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
bet all his 'fans' on here have deserted him now....

what a muppet though really...
isn't he mates with quite a few people on here??
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:38 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

aye and i'm blown away by how many of them have jumped in here with their support for him...a truely humbling display of loyalty and friendship
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:49 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I know Chris, but I do not see the need to comment about the issue here.

-
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
aye and i'm blown away by how many of them have jumped in here with their support for him...a truely humbling display of loyalty and friendship
what a load of crap...
you can be friends with someone and still think they did something wrong, or is that not possible?
I really don't see what his friends would need to say about it here on BE to be honest...
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiva
There was quite a long thread on EW yesterday, on which quite a few of friends did stick up for him.

Don't know the guy personally, and think that the things he got into debt for were luxuries, holidays that kind of thing, but he was working and could cover his loan and I suppose he felt secure, not everyone has a contingency if things go pear-shaped.

Someone did say that he had tried to renegotiate his loan terms with the banks here, but they just didn't want to know, so he really had sod all option but to leg it, otherwise he would've been sat in jail.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

People in glass houses should not throw stones comes to mind - I am sure that a great deal of people on here and in Dubai have car loans ect and if push came to shove then they would rather run than end in Jail, I do however think he was very silly to advertise what he did in the newspaper
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
what a load of crap...
you can be friends with someone and still think they did something wrong, or is that not possible?
I really don't see what his friends would need to say about it here on BE to be honest...
exactly, I did enough defending him yesterday on the witches site to last a life time. It's all there in the article for all to see, so really nothing else to discuss.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I know Chris, but I do not see the need to comment about the issue here.

-
what meow said...

MM, xx
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that he can claim UK unemployment benefit after 10 years in UAE ! I wonder if they take his rental income from Cyprus into account?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:40 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Its not nice to read, and I hope meow was not his IFA...

I guess getting into debt in his line of work must be easy...I could imagine it involves a lot of compulsory socializing that's not covered on expenses.

Fair play to him for skipping, would do the same thing in that situation. I wouldn't have sold the story though
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Its not nice to read, and I hope meow was not his IFA...

I guess getting into debt in his line of work must be easy...I could imagine it involves a lot of compulsory socializing that's not covered on expenses.

Fair play to him for skipping, would do the same thing in that situation. I wouldn't have sold the story though
No, I was not. I did try & give him some advice regarding debt management a while ago, but he didn't take it. That's all I can say.

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.