British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Chosen One - Sacked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chosen-one-sacked-482346/)

Inselaffen Sep 20th 2007 6:30 am

The Chosen One - Sacked

Jose Mourinho has left Chelsea by mutual consent i.e. sacked! :blink: :lol::D

lionheart Sep 20th 2007 6:36 am

Re: The Chosen One - Sacked

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5332571)

Not necessarily sacked in the traditional sense...more likely he and the Ruskies had a difference of opinion on strategic issues. Where on earth are Chelsea going to get another manager as good as him? As a Man City fan, I hope they poach Sven Goran Eriksson and we get the chosen one in his place...would renew the battle with Ferguson nicely.

The Dean Sep 20th 2007 6:45 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5332589)
Not necessarily sacked in the traditional sense...more likely he and the Ruskies had a difference of opinion on strategic issues. Where on earth are Chelsea going to get another manager as good as him? As a Man City fan, I hope they poach Sven Goran Eriksson and we get the chosen one in his place...would renew the battle with Ferguson nicely.

And Man City's impressively high position in the league table (unheard of since 1968) is not down to SGE at all then? Keep him - at CLUB level there are very few who can honestly be said to be better....... and with all due respect to the very few very good ones at MCFC, Mourinho needs world-class players to make him look good..........

SGE will probably shag the club's typing pool but that's a small price to pay for a possible UEFA Cup place next season..........

lionheart Sep 20th 2007 6:54 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5332607)
And Man City's impressively high position in the league table (unheard of since 1968) is not down to SGE at all then? Keep him - at CLUB level there are very few who can honestly be said to be better....... and with all due respect to the very few very good ones at MCFC, Mourinho needs world-class players to make him look good..........

SGE will probably shag the club's typing pool but that's a small price to pay for a possible UEFA Cup place next season..........

I may be wrong about the year but I recall City coming second in the league around 1977 when Dennis Tueart was king...happy days indeed.

Fairydust Sep 20th 2007 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5332571)

Shame - I used to like watching him on TV ;)

Meow Sep 20th 2007 7:43 am

Who said he was sacked? Rubbish. He has not been getting along with Roman, so it has ben decided by both that they should part.

Sham though. I don't like Chelski as a club, but Jose is certainly an interesting character.

Inselaffen Sep 20th 2007 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5332808)
Who said he was sacked? Rubbish. He has not been getting along with Roman, so it has ben decided by both that they should part.

Sham though. I don't like Chelski as a club, but Jose is certainly an interesting character.

when a manager leaves by "mutual consent" it means he has been sacked. He has had more money to spend than any manager in history and has failed to deliver the Champions League. The last straw was a 1 -1 draw against Rosenborg. He was sacked!

Meow Sep 20th 2007 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5332828)
when a manager leaves by "mutual consent" it means he has been sacked. He has had more money to spend than any manager in history and has failed to deliver the Champions League. The last straw was a 1 -1 draw against Rosenborg. He was sacked!

Have you just come off the phone to him or Roman then?

Inselaffen Sep 20th 2007 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5332857)
Have you just come off the phone to him or Roman then?

Roman keeps calling me despite many requests not to do so whilst I'm at work!

Meow Sep 20th 2007 8:05 am

I'd heard he was stalky! :)

I really think Jose quit in a strop as he wasn't getting his own way. I don't doubt he was put under pressure, but he believes that he is special & should be left do do as he likes.

Btw - who do you support?

derbyflan Sep 20th 2007 8:07 am

See:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...51#post5332851

Inselaffen Sep 20th 2007 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5332881)
I'd heard he was stalky! :)

I really think Jose quit in a strop as he wasn't getting his own way. I don't doubt he was put under pressure, but he believes that he is special & should be left do do as he likes.

Btw - who do you support?

the team who you probably hate the most:p

Meow Sep 20th 2007 8:08 am

A Chelsea fan?

Inselaffen Sep 20th 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5332894)
A Chelsea fan?

Manchester United

Meow Sep 20th 2007 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5332896)
Manchester United

I am indifferent ;)

Loathe SAF though!

I'm a cottager living with a Cloggie.