British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Chippies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chippies-713730/)

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2011 5:36 pm

Re: Chippies

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9315721)
Yuck@ mushy peas!

def, hideous....

Chris_m Apr 20th 2011 6:50 pm

Been to the 1 in JBR! Being a fellow scot had heard good things and went with high hopes. Once was enough for me wont be back sadly!, Although am now living in Disc Gardens! Where is the donner kebab shop??

Chris_m Apr 20th 2011 6:51 pm

And cod is ok, But Haddock is where the true taste is :rofl:

Seedubs Apr 20th 2011 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9313127)
He could be a smoggy, like me.

Exactly! Mackem indeed :curse:!

Not that I have lived there since I escaped aged 16!:D Another cracking result for the Boro last night too....:(

littlejimmy Apr 21st 2011 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Seedubs (Post 9317281)
Exactly! Mackem indeed :curse:!

Not that I have lived there since I escaped aged 16!:D Another cracking result for the Boro last night too....:(

My boss thought people from Boro were Geordies. I set him straight.

As for the football...has been a pretty shocking season, sure enough. Strachan was a big mistake. Mowbray seems to have something about him and has steered us to safety. Maybe next season we will be able to challenge.

Spugsy Apr 21st 2011 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Chris_m (Post 9317131)
Been to the 1 in JBR! Being a fellow scot had heard good things and went with high hopes. Once was enough for me wont be back sadly!, Although am now living in Disc Gardens! Where is the donner kebab shop??

Right next to the shops fella me lad, called 'Kebab house' and it is bloody superb.

Chris_m Apr 21st 2011 10:34 am

I live right at the shops! May go a wonder later and have a bit of an explore, cheers bud

Seedubs Apr 21st 2011 11:39 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9317902)
My boss thought people from Boro were Geordies. I set him straight.

As for the football...has been a pretty shocking season, sure enough. Strachan was a big mistake. Mowbray seems to have something about him and has steered us to safety. Maybe next season we will be able to challenge.

Luckily enough when I left the Boro I was in an environment with some Mackems and Geordies, so the difference was more than obvious, well to us anyhow! Smoggies is a fairly recent name (in the last 20 years that is).

Mowbray appears to have steadied the ship, not sure how deep Gibson pockets are these days, that may well determine what sort of season we have next.

Spugsy Apr 21st 2011 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_m (Post 9318538)
I live right at the shops! May go a wonder later and have a bit of an explore, cheers bud

Chicken kebab in naan bread with chips, AED 31 - it's amazing.

Spugsy Apr 21st 2011 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Seedubs (Post 9318651)
Luckily enough when I left the Boro I was in an environment with some Mackems and Geordies, so the difference was more than obvious, well to us anyhow! Smoggies is a fairly recent name (in the last 20 years that is).

Mowbray appears to have steadied the ship, not sure how deep Gibson pockets are these days, that may well determine what sort of season we have next.

at least you've pulled away from the bottom three, I wouldn't want to see you lot sink any lower than the championship.

littlejimmy Apr 21st 2011 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9319399)
at least you've pulled away from the bottom three, I wouldn't want to see you lot sink any lower than the championship.

Awww, you're all heart! :D

Blue Cat Apr 22nd 2011 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9315719)
Amen brother, amen. I'll be back home in August and straight down to Tynemouth for the best fish and chips in the world.

you better head off to Ocean Road in South Shields and try Colmans, they have won tons of awards :)