British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Chippies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chippies-713730/)

littlejimmy Apr 18th 2011 1:02 pm

Re: Chippies

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9311624)
Seriously- she asked if Dracula was real- oh I love it!

Why is there a Dracula museum in Scarborough- its not like he was from Scarborough is it? lol

It's in Whitby. He was from Whitby and loved fish and chips. With loads of ketchup. Something like that.

Spugsy Apr 18th 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9311624)
Seriously- she asked if Dracula was real- oh I love it!

Why is there a Dracula museum in Scarborough- its not like he was from Scarborough is it? lol

They guy was saying 'over there is the 350 steps that Dracula ran up when he jumped out of his coffin' and then she said 'what? he's real??!'

Well yeah, I think in the story that's where he came by boat.

Serious, ask her about the museum with real life Draculas screaming at us, she was terrified and had to run out of the fire escape!

Spugsy Apr 18th 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9311647)
It's in Whitby. He was from Whitby and loved fish and chips. With loads of ketchup. Something like that.

The only reason he stopped biting people was because he got loads of batter stuck on his fangs.

kittycat1 Apr 18th 2011 1:21 pm

So how come dracula didn't have a Yorkshire accent?

I thought he was from Transylvania? :confused:

co durham boy Apr 18th 2011 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9311686)
So how come dracula didn't have a Yorkshire accent?

I thought he was from Transylvania? :confused:

He moved there when Mr & Mrs Dracula got divorced..

Seedubs Apr 18th 2011 6:33 pm

He was shipwrecked in Whitby on the way over from Transgenger and once slain was buried there in the Church at the top of the 199 steps. Supposedly there was a Count Dracula (apparently not a vamp) who was buried there.

Didnt know the chippy (the one that won all the awards) was owned by a skunk, I shall not enter again.

Spugsy Apr 18th 2011 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Seedubs (Post 9312335)
He was shipwrecked in Whitby on the way over from Transgenger and once slain was buried there in the Church at the top of the 199 steps. Supposedly there was a Count Dracula (apparently not a vamp) who was buried there.

Didnt know the chippy (the one that won all the awards) was owned by a skunk, I shall not enter again.

Christ how many filthy mackems have we got on here now??

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2011 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9312465)

:rofl:

littlejimmy Apr 19th 2011 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9312465)

He could be a smoggy, like me.

co durham boy Apr 19th 2011 5:13 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9313127)
He could be a smoggy, like me.

That's worse , you're further down the pecking order than a Monkey Hanger...

kittycat1 Apr 19th 2011 5:15 am

whats a smoggy?

TheShed Apr 19th 2011 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9311425)
Have you tried The British Kitchen on Beach road yet? We keep meaning to but haven't got around to it yet.

Went to the British Kitchen last weekend with the missus. Gotta say that it was pretty good - at least up to the standard of the Fish & Chip room (JBR) on a good day.

On another note, people keep telling me that there is a new Donor Kebab shop opened on Beach Road but buggered if I can find it!!! Still have to traipse up to Discovery Gardens for the ultimate hangover food.

littlejimmy Apr 19th 2011 5:18 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9313260)
That's worse , you're further down the pecking order than a Monkey Hanger...

Well, aye. Small Town in Yorkshire and all that. At least we know and accept our place, unlike the barcodes who think their main rivals are Real Madrid and Man U.

littlejimmy Apr 19th 2011 5:19 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9313264)
whats a smoggy?

Someone from Middlesbrough or who supports the Boro. It's an industrial town...well, used to be... hence the smog reference.

Meow Apr 19th 2011 5:29 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 9313268)
Went to the British Kitchen last weekend with the missus. Gotta say that it was pretty good - at least up to the standard of the Fish & Chip room (JBR) on a good day.

On another note, people keep telling me that there is a new Donor Kebab shop opened on Beach Road but buggered if I can find it!!! Still have to traipse up to Discovery Gardens for the ultimate hangover food.

I know the Donner place you mean, but I'm not sure if it's open yet. It's further down, close to Citibank I think (past Umm al Sheif Road).