Chippies

Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chippies

So I usually get mine from teh place at JBR, but went to 'The Rock'n'Sole Plaice' today.

Not only does it have the worst name ever it was utterly dreadful.

No cod. No bread rolls (despite being spitting distance from pork'n'shop). Soggy batter. Shit curry sauce.

Be warned.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chippies

I thought you were asking for a carpenter

Absolutely no idea!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I thought you were asking for a carpenter

Absolutely no idea!
The JBR one is the only decent one I have been to....
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
The JBR one is the only decent one I have been to....
Have you tried The British Kitchen on Beach road yet? We keep meaning to but haven't got around to it yet.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:59 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Meow
Have you tried The British Kitchen on Beach road yet? We keep meaning to but haven't got around to it yet.
Nah, it's owned by a mackem.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:19 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, it's owned by a mackem.
I know that feeling. I give the Magpie in Whitby a wide berth because of who runs it (clue in the name)...and the queues and the prices, to be fair.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

So I usually get mine from teh place at JBR, but went to 'The Rock'n'Sole Plaice' today.

No cod. No bread rolls (despite being spitting distance from pork'n'shop). Soggy batter. Shit curry sauce.

Be warned.
it's rubbish...and you always have to wait for hours to get the food...we've given up...

there was a great chippie over the road from me, but it closed down...lucky really i suppose...

MM, xx
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

The only good one was the one on SZR near the Shangri La. Not found a good one since TF. Used to spend to much time in their in the summers when I was a Wanker ( wife away no kids eat rubbish)
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Be warned.
we complained the last time we were there, then they updated their FB page and I had a go at them there as well. Typical case of thinking they can let Asians run it and it be a success. Wrong.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I know that feeling. I give the Magpie in Whitby a wide berth because of who runs it (clue in the name)...and the queues and the prices, to be fair.
I took the missus there and we loved it, my gran is from Scarborough and I spent many a happy time at Whitby, love the place.

Also took her to the Dracula museum and she asked if Dracula was real. I kid you not.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:45 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's rubbish...and you always have to wait for hours to get the food...we've given up...

there was a great chippie over the road from me, but it closed down...lucky really i suppose...

MM, xx
Next to Johnny Rockets (which is utter pigfood) there's a thai place, that now doubles up as a chip shop - but they only do hammour.

RUBBISH.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we complained the last time we were there, then they updated their FB page and I had a go at them there as well. Typical case of thinking they can let Asians run it and it be a success. Wrong.
Yep, no cod so I asked if he had anything similar 'we do but it's very thin fish'. So that's NOT similar then.

I asked if it was owned by an English man and he said yes, then gave me his business card and he was called Mohammed shoobadedy Dooobadedy or suchlike.

Useless.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
To be fair the only time the one at JBR does good food is when the Scottish lad is there.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, no cod so I asked if he had anything similar 'we do but it's very thin fish'. So that's NOT similar then.

I asked if it was owned by an English man and he said yes, then gave me his business card and he was called Mohammed shoobadedy Dooobadedy or suchlike.

Useless.
well Mohammed was in the top ten of boys names in the UK recently
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I took the missus there and we loved it, my gran is from Scarborough and I spent many a happy time at Whitby, love the place.

Also took her to the Dracula museum and she asked if Dracula was real. I kid you not.
Seriously- she asked if Dracula was real- oh I love it!

Why is there a Dracula museum in Scarborough- its not like he was from Scarborough is it? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.