Chinese Tonight

Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:40 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chinese Tonight

With all the food posts on here and Facebook you are driving me to distraction, Armani!!!!

It reminds me of a sorry tale from my youth when I worked in an office in Stockton. I was a bit wet behind the ears and someone gave me a chinese menu to call up and place an order. The take-away was called Fat Kee but some wag had changed Kee to Kat in pencil. So I rang up and asked if I was through to the Fat Kat...cue uproar around me.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Good plan - it's a date.

We won't have to put sordid pics on FB though, will we?

-
yes I think that bit is compulsory!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
With all the food posts on here and Facebook you are driving me to distraction, Armani!!!!

It reminds me of a sorry tale from my youth when I worked in an office in Stockton. I was a bit wet behind the ears and someone gave me a chinese menu to call up and place an order. The take-away was called Fat Kee but some wag had changed Kee to Kat in pencil. So I rang up and asked if I was through to the Fat Kat...cue uproar around me.
I never mentioned the Gregg's pasties!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
absolutely fantastic!! not the cheapest take-away by any means but brilliant!
We order from Lotus Lily too and like the food.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fed up of Chinese food
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lionheart
How came I can never find a good old English Chinese over here? You know, the sweet and sour pork balls in thick and red syruppy sauce type of thing...
Agreed..... not about the pork balls, just trying to get an english chinese is very hard
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

BC - Where is Lotus Lily ? Will they deliver to me ?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
My mate in the toon once ordered 2 bags of chips from the chinese, he lived NEXT DOOR and he paid £1.50 to have them delivered,

when I asked him why he simply said 'why man, James Bond was on the tele, I wasn't missing any of that, it was Octopussy man'

LOL

I lived in a flat on top of Chinese in Acton years ago. Me and my flatmate lived on the stuff - we were so lazy we'd lower a bucket on a rope out the kitchen window and hoist our takeaway up. I'm sure one night we did it twice - about £40 worth., Rocky II was on the video "paused" with the remote on the telly and neither of us could move for about 2hrs.

One day I said to the Chinese man's wife that I thought they were lucky to be able to eat anything they wanted from the menu everyday. She said "we not eat that clap" and told me that her the sauce in the Chef Speciality Lemon Chicken was made with powder and water.

Pretty much given Chinese (takeaway) food a wide a wide berth since.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
LOL

I lived in a flat on top of Chinese in Acton years ago. Me and my flatmate lived on the stuff - we were so lazy we'd lower a bucket on a rope out the kitchen window and hoist our takeaway up. I'm sure one night we did it twice - about £40 worth., Rocky II was on the video "paused" with the remote on the telly and neither of us could move for about 2hrs.

One day I said to the Chinese man's wife that I thought they were lucky to be able to eat anything they wanted from the menu everyday. She said "we not eat that clap" and told me that her the sauce in the Chef Speciality Lemon Chicken was made with powder and water.

Pretty much given Chinese (takeaway) food a wide a wide berth since.
heh heh, loving the bucket routine though.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:12 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by pauldxb
BC - Where is Lotus Lily ? Will they deliver to me ?
yes they are in Al Barsha near Mall of the Emirates