Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Children unrestrained in cars...

Children unrestrained in cars...

Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children unrestrained in cars...

When i first went to Abu Dhabi way back in 94 you used to see \ hear about these types of accidents.
i ised to have a friend who was a nurse he used to tell me some stories, but after a while they used to call them bullets because that what they are flying bullets.

I have done my time picking up the bits in RTA's etc yes it used to hurt , such a waste of a young life !!.
Now i really couldnt give a sxxt , its there train set let them crash it as often as they want.
They have access to the tv and videos outlining this problem .
like a lot of things they think it will not happen to them.

As for an expat that may have caused the accident
while thats another story it will always be our fault .
They will never admit to it being theres now will they.????
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I love Adam Kechil...Too bad he's not talking on Dubai Eye, or doing his show on City 7...

Come to think of it; where's City7 gone???
I think he is on Dubai Eye next week. City 7 went bust.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Details please; whhich day and what time.
Thank you...
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Details please; whhich day and what time.
Thank you...
I will let you know when I find out
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:04 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up my son from his swimming class last Thursday and saw one of the other parents...a Frenchman with his two sons one on the front seat and one on his lap, no belts in sight driving off down the road all smiles and giggles.

...we can almost forgive the cultures of the region as they are often simply undereducated and underaware of this danger - but when a European does it there's really no excuse at all.

Last year the WHO published a report that stated you're six times more likely to die when involved in a car accident in the GCC than you are in Europe.

Buckle up people...you're rolling dice with the odds against you if you don't, more so here than anywhere else.

N.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I picked up my son from his swimming class last Thursday and saw one of the other parents...a Frenchman with his two sons one on the front seat and one on his lap, no belts in sight driving off down the road all smiles and giggles.

...we can almost forgive the cultures of the region as they are often simply undereducated and underaware of this danger - but when a European does it there's really no excuse at all.

Last year the WHO published a report that stated you're six times more likely to die when involved in a car accident in the GCC than you are in Europe.

Buckle up people...you're rolling dice with the odds against you if you don't, more so here than anywhere else.

N.
was he really french or a lebo pretending?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
City 7 was still on the air last night.....just. I think after the presenter clearout it is just surviving and has reduced the number of satellites it is on down to one only!!! Think it is Nilesat and thats it. But must to due to go bang anytime?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
hahaha, yeah, the lebos always let their kids roam free in the car...

MM, xx
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:19 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
City 7 was still on the air last night.....just. I think after the presenter clearout it is just surviving and has reduced the number of satellites it is on down to one only!!! Think it is Nilesat and thats it. But must to due to go bang anytime?
yes just found that out, no live stuff anymore, won't be long before it's gone
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Kiss my French fesse...
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Definately a real Frenchman...had a white flag on his car and everything

But seriously I've spoken to him before whilst picking up my little man...they are from France and have been here a few years. I know there's stupidity everywhere but you just don't expect to see Europeans doing things like that.

N.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Definately a real Frenchman...had a white flag on his car and everything

But seriously I've spoken to him before whilst picking up my little man...they are from France and have been here a few years. I know there's stupidity everywhere but you just don't expect to see Europeans doing things like that.

N.
now that is shocking. it's amazing that people need laws to actually force them to do this sort of thing.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:21 am

now that is shocking. it's amazing that people need laws to actually force them to do this sort of thing.
Some people are just ignorant and/or stupid...but the laws on this sort of thing are rarely enforced here like many other traffic laws.

In most of Europe you can get a ticket for not using an indicator to make a turn...in the UAE you can whizz over two or three lanes at high speed without any warning or checking your mirrors with a police car just behind you and nothing will happen (just like I saw this morning).

I've lost my appetite for the cultural relativism we are force fed in the West after a decade here...some cultures are simply better than others - even when it comes to basic things like driving safely.

N.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Children jumping around in cars is scary, but even scarier is, when you see those kids driving the huge SUV's. Have seen it in Qatar several times - boys behind steering wheels, who don't need to shave yet, but know how to put the pedal to the metal
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:25 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I've lost my appetite for the cultural relativism we are force fed in the West after a decade here...some cultures are simply better than others - even when it comes to basic things like driving safely.

N.
will give k for that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.