British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Childhood crushes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/childhood-crushes-768955/)

Little Boy Aug 21st 2012 7:49 am

Childhood crushes

Two words: Jane Goodall

Even at a young age I knew something was wrong with her for preferring the company of chimps to human beings, but it didn't matter.

Little Boy Aug 22nd 2012 10:26 am

Re: Childhood crushes

I was also interested in a few cartoon characters, if anyone cares?

?

Kix Aug 22nd 2012 10:28 am

Michaela Strachan

And Jessica Rabbit

Norm_uk Aug 22nd 2012 11:34 am

I forgot how much I fancied Michaela Strachan as a young 'un.

The few I remember the most would also include Erin Grey in Buck Rogers (start of many men's spandex fetish no doubt), Anna Friel, and Sara Cox.

I also fancied Miss McDonnell, our German teacher as well but I don't think you'd know her.

N.

britexpat76 Aug 22nd 2012 12:02 pm

Janet Ellis, Kimberley Drummond Aka Dana Plato.

Worth Googling Dana Plato she had a shit life after Different Strokes, not that Willis and Arnold fared much better.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 22nd 2012 1:07 pm

My mates older sister. Susannah.

LaLaLayla Aug 22nd 2012 1:13 pm

Roger the Dodger.

al dente Aug 22nd 2012 1:24 pm

Spiderman and Shakin Stevens. I then dated Shaky's son for a summer about 15 years later.

Oh and then, as a teenager, Charles Dance and Charlton Heston. I went through an, ahem, rugged phase.

flares Aug 22nd 2012 7:04 pm

Jackie out of Grange Hill
http://images.tvrage.com/people/15/42416.jpg
Just say no Zammo

UKCityGent Aug 23rd 2012 1:55 am

[QUOTE=Norm_uk;10240131
I also fancied Miss McDonnell, our German teacher as well but I don't think you'd know her.

N.[/QUOTE]

Your indoctrination started at an early age ?:D

Donna Air(Ayr) of Byker Grove

Norm_uk Aug 23rd 2012 7:07 am

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 10241575)
Your indoctrination started at an early age ?:D

Donna Air(Ayr) of Byker Grove

If that's a stab at linking my views to the Nazi's because I studied German I'd suggest looking up Amin Al Husseini and the Hanzer Division of the SS...that's closer to your camp than mine I feel. ;)

Or I could just say I know some Russian so therefore I am a Stalinist...but I think the first comment is a better way of kicking sand back in your face :)

N.

Little Boy Aug 23rd 2012 10:31 am

Everyone calm down, and lets stay on topic please

It's Childhood Crushes.

Bahtatboy Aug 23rd 2012 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Little Boy (Post 10242211)
Everyone calm down, and lets stay on topic please

It's Childhood Crushes.

It doesn't work like that...

Anyway, BB.

UKCityGent Aug 23rd 2012 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10241904)
If that's a stab at linking my views to the Nazi's because I studied German I'd suggest looking up Amin Al Husseini and the Hanzer Division of the SS...that's closer to your camp than mine I feel.

N.

Yes, the Handschar "division" - quotation marks because I'm not sure it ever reached division-strength level.

Whener I see this (true) story posted, I can't help but feel that in its efforts to portray Islam as the heirs of Nazis it conveniently leaves the thousands of Muslims who fought under British or French uniform AGAINST Nazism.

You do know that most the Arabs fought on the sides of the Allies and that we are talking about the actions of one man and a few of his followers who sided with the Axis forces. Does that mean all Palestinians or all Arabs or all muslims were Nazis? As there was no overt Palestinian revolt against the British occupation in WW2 it would appear that the mufti was not particularly influential.

You forget to mention - the Algerians and Moroccans who fought German paratroopers at Monte Cassino, malay muslim etc

General Erhard Milch, 2 Field Marshals (the highest rank available at that time), 15 generals German officers of “Jewish descent” who commanded German armies during that war.

Shalom u’vracha.

Autonomy Aug 23rd 2012 4:52 pm

In an attempt to keep it on track....

Ally Sheedy, Mia Sara, Juliette Lewis (not a childhood crush though I guess) and strangely Tiffany.

And the Lamborghini Countach