British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Childhood crushes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/childhood-crushes-661002/)

kittycat1 Mar 24th 2010 6:02 pm

Childhood crushes

Just being nostalgic over Luke Skywalker which made me think of a few other boys I used to fancy- Shakin Stevens, Keifer Sutherland, Steve Davies (yes the snooker player) and Noel Edmunds - luckily my taste in men developed as I got older ( although still think Kiefer is hot and Noel Edmunds still does something for me- not sure why), just wondering who else everyone else used to fancy when they were kids? Any other embarrassing crushes?:wub:

Care to share?

Kittycat
x

Confucius Mar 24th 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Childhood crushes

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8445097)
Just being nostalgic over Luke Skywalker which made me think of a few other boys I used to fancy- Shakin Stevens, Keifer Sutherland, Steve Davies (yes the snooker player) and Noel Edmunds - luckily my taste in men developed as I got older ( although still think Kiefer is hot and Noel Edmunds still does something for me- not sure why), just wondering who else everyone else used to fancy when they were kids? Any other embarrassing crushes?:wub:

Care to share?

Kittycat
x

All I can say is that unlike you, my crushes were female...

I especially, vividly, remember one dream I had in Cyprus in 1989 about a black-haired blue-eyed girl...That has never left me...

Arcadia Mar 24th 2010 6:35 pm

Lewis Collins (the professionals).

David Essex.

Dave Allen..Seriously!:eek:

kittycat1 Mar 24th 2010 6:38 pm

'Hold me close don't let me go" aww I used to love David Essex too and his sexy little neckerchiefs...

Cham128 Mar 24th 2010 6:41 pm

one of my friends was on deal or no deal recently and she was going on about noel edmunds after that, she couldn't explain it either... i still think it's weird...

but for me kelly le brock, cindy crawford and jet from the gladiators

The Dean Mar 24th 2010 10:37 pm

Care to share?

Kittycat
x

You're the first (seemingly intelligent) woman I've come across that doesn't think Kiefer Sutherland looks like a bulldog's bum.

Mine were usually Dr Who girls.............. particularly Katy Manning ("Jo" with Jon Pertwee - she later emigrated to Australia and turned up in Home And Away).

And the late, lovely Wei Wei Wong (one of the Young Generation dancers that were in The Rolf Harris Show), who died a few years ago from some sort of wasting disease.......... :(

Later............ Sarah Greene (although her marrying Mike Smith was a killer).

Madam Medusa Mar 25th 2010 3:24 am

Care to share?

Kittycat
x

kitty, i am seriously worried about you, lol...

mine was gripper stebson from grange hill...and i did have a bit of a thing for john travolta in grease...

MM, xx

kittycat1 Mar 25th 2010 4:03 am

What Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys- he was gorgeous- think he reminds me of a guy I dated who I was completely swept off my feet by, so theres a link attraction, I can't explain the Steve Davies thing but i've always liked red heads- but I know I have no excuse really, every girl liked Luke Skywalker- I did move on to Hans Solo as I got older and as for Noel Edmunds - I am hanging my head in shame.

I also have a massive thing for Spiderman....

I have some even more bizarre crushes but really should keep those to myself.

Maybe this all explains why I am single! :rofl:

flares Mar 25th 2010 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8446706)
mine was gripper stebson from grange hill...

I was a big fan of Jackie out of Grange Hill...what she was doing with that junkie Zammo I just don't know.

Just say No!

shakh your bootie Mar 25th 2010 4:48 am

Care to share?

Kittycat
x

Marcus Hamilton was a a big haneef. Harrison Ford was my childhood cruch in Star Wars. He could do a wookie and leave her begging for more......

Brains1983 Mar 25th 2010 5:23 am

Jet & Lightning from Gladiators.

Saw them on the recent(ish) updated version and felt sick about the thoughts i had as an adolescent... :ohmy:

Blue Cat Mar 25th 2010 6:46 am

Lief Garret and anyone who was male and gay

The Dean Mar 25th 2010 7:49 am

1 Attachment(s)
Grange Hill?

Well you would have to include Paula Ann Bland who played Claire Scott.........

....... and who turned up in a nude shoot for 'Mayfair' magazine a few years later.......... :huh:

TGFKASE Mar 25th 2010 7:52 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8447135)
Grange Hill?

Well you would have to include Paula Ann Bland who played Claire Scott.........

....... and who turned up in a nude shoot for 'Mayfair' magazine a few years later.......... :huh:

And you give us the earlier pic?????

The Dean Mar 25th 2010 7:53 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8447142)
And you give us the earlier pic?????

Later, later............ I'm at work............