Child Seats Again

Old Jun 5th 2011, 9:57 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Seats Again

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's their cop out, say it's God's will and all will be forgiven
Equally I heard local on the radio a couple of years back acknoweldge this pricinple but then follow it up by saying "but it also doesn't mean that I cannot make it harder for the will to be applied by using a car seat" ... Seemed like a common sense approach to me....
Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

basically when they fck up they use the InshAllah term, they parents of this child will be riddled in guilt, good.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 1:03 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Equally I heard local on the radio a couple of years back acknoweldge this pricinple but then follow it up by saying "but it also doesn't mean that I cannot make it harder for the will to be applied by using a car seat" ... Seemed like a common sense approach to me....
well, surely if God's will is all-encompassing, it also inspired some chap to come up with the idea of car-seats in the first place?!

Or maybe it is indeed God's will to take these people out of the gene pool...
Old Jun 5th 2011, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
well, surely if God's will is all-encompassing, it also inspired some chap to come up with the idea of car-seats in the first place?!

Or maybe it is indeed God's will to take these people out of the gene pool...
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:50 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's their cop out, say it's God's will and all will be forgiven. However it is not God's will at all and if they were true to their faith they would know it.
that's true. here in Oman, whilst they still drive like idiots, at least the Sultan has said that it is NOT God's will that they and their children die from stupidity, and that all people should drive safely and protect their families (paraphrasing here obviously).
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:53 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
that's true. here in Oman, whilst they still drive like idiots, at least the Sultan has said that it is NOT God's will that they and their children die from stupidity, and that all people should drive safely and protect their families (paraphrasing here obviously).
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:51 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I remember going to al bateen beach in abu dhabi and seeing a local family next to us with a baby in an infant carrier (small baby car seat).

When it came time to go they took the baby out the seat, put the seat in the boot and the baby went in the back with the maid and two other kids.

Astonishing.

When you are next on a school run have a look at how many people fully restrain their kids. I've seen a Brit put their a kid in the front, unstrappped, whilst they themselves buckle up. Friends have bought car seats only to ditch them as "my kids don't like them." Mine have NEVER had a choice.

We also weren't restrained as children. Jeez my dad used to drive when drunk. But we all know better now, and people who don't belt up, car seat their kids or drink and drive are ****ing idiots IMHO. Unfortunately these ****ing idiots are driving the same roads as me and endangering my life and my kids lives.