Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Child Friendly Restaurants in Dubai

Child Friendly Restaurants in Dubai

Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Child Friendly Restaurants in Dubai

I have family over next week & my 5 year old niece is coming so most of my usual hang outs are a no no... As some of you are parents im here for some advice
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:09 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Friendly Restaurants in Dubai

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I have family over next week & my 5 year old niece is coming so most of my usual hang outs are a no no... As some of you are parents im here for some advice
Fuddruckers, Chilis and TGI Friday spring to mind...especially the one in Dubai Mall overlooking the musical water fountain.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lionheart
Fuddruckers, Chilis and TGI Friday spring to mind...especially the one in Dubai Mall overlooking the musical water fountain.
I was thinking about more fine dining for example i know Azur in the Harbour Hotel or Marriot i thinks its now called is Child Friendly as is most of the restaurants in Jumeirah Beach
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:16 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Go West in JBH pretty good for kids.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Go West in JBH pretty good for kids.
Thanks, i would assume that most hotels are child friendly... right ?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:43 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

gosh, I haven't yet been in a non-child-friendly restaurant!

Most are really accommodating and the waiters and waitresses (as long as they aren't too busy) are often more than willing to help entertain the young ones... just keep an eye out for treats being giving without asking!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Thanks, i would assume that most hotels are child friendly... right ?
Do not assume that... big hotels have several restaurants. Often one is casual. For example, the Italian restaurant at The Atlantis is very casual and full of kids. The Catalan in the same hotel is a big NO NO with kids.

Something cheaper... the Holiday Inn in Al Barsha has a very good and inexpensive Thai restaurant where kids are welcomed.

Even cheaper... any restaurant in Deira, Bur Dubai, and Karama are child friendly.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Do not assume that... big hotels have several restaurants. Often one is casual. For example, the Italian restaurant at The Atlantis is very casual and full of kids. The Catalan in the same hotel is a big NO NO with kids.

Something cheaper... the Holiday Inn in Al Barsha has a very good and inexpensive Thai restaurant where kids are welcomed.

Even cheaper... any restaurant in Deira, Bur Dubai, and Karama are child friendly.
Thanks for that, i know what licensed restaurants i can go to up that end of town it was more Jumeirah / Marina really
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if it will be open, but I'm sure she'd love the Rainforest Cafe in the Dubai Mall by the aquarium - not to mention the new 10,000 squarefoot candy store, Candilicious, nearby...!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I'm not sure if it will be open, but I'm sure she'd love the Rainforest Cafe in the Dubai Mall by the aquarium - not to mention the new 10,000 squarefoot candy store, Candilicious, nearby...!
I am planning a trip to there myself shortly!

-
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
I am planning a trip to there myself shortly!

-
You haven't been?? It's fantastic!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

all restaurants are child friendly here...i can't bear the fuddrockers/chillis/johnny rockets crap that are always suggested for kids...most places (even the rivington grill, which is my kids fave) do kids menus, have colouring in etc...

MM, xx
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

what is it?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
what is it?
A 10,000 square foot candy store - it's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - you'd love it with the amount of sugar you consume

You can see it in one of my facebook albums:
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a Rainforest Cafe in Jeddah where they have jungle sounds as well as the visual effects. Do they have that in the one here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.