British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Chevy Tahoe LTZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/chevy-tahoe-ltz-755787/)

Desert Dubliner Apr 22nd 2012 12:48 pm

Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Have mulled over several SUV vehicles available in KSA with 180kSAR budget:

- Sequoia - don't fancy the interior, plastics look like they're made from recycled insides of a chocolate box
- Land Cruizer - only crappy spec within budget with weedy 4.0V6
- Prado - 4.0V6 would do but KSA Toyota made a stupid decision not to sell VXR any more to push people to Lexus GX so only basic spec available so no leather and no curtain airbags
- Lexus GX - only second hand within budget - expensive service / parts, also I feel it is too much money for a pimped Prado
- Grand Cherokee - love it in Overland spec but no third row of seats
- Armada - liked it but now I cooled off, crappy dealer helped

I have now settled for Tahoe in LTZ spec. So any reason not to?

Millhouse Apr 22nd 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner (Post 10019501)
I have now settled for Tahoe in LTZ spec. So any reason not to?

It's been designed by an american using the mind boggling imperial measurement system and built by a Spanish speaking Mexican who understands metric.

Desert Dubliner Apr 22nd 2012 1:07 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10019514)
It's been designed by an american using the mind boggling imperial measurement system and built by a Spanish speaking Mexican who understands metric.

Fair enough. The resulting issue might be reliability but it is scoring not much worse than other similar cars. Ok nobody beats Toyota but Toyota's look like shit and interior feels crap except top spec Land Cruiser.

flares Apr 22nd 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Millhouse Apr 22nd 2012 1:15 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner (Post 10019527)
Fair enough. The resulting issue might be reliability but it is scoring not much worse than other similar cars. Ok nobody beats Toyota but Toyota's look like shit and interior feels crap except top spec Land Cruiser.

Is the summer AC shit like the Ford Explorers?

It'll also depreciate in value faster than a take away curry. Other than that, if you are buying new I'm sure they are great. You see many saudi registered ones on UAE roads.

Desert Dubliner Apr 22nd 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10019538)
Jeep Grand Cherokee?

I have once before bought an SUV w/o a third row of seats thinking that with two kids I won't need it. I have come to regret this on many occasions.

Desert Dubliner Apr 22nd 2012 1:22 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10019545)
Is the summer AC shit like the Ford Explorers?

It'll also depreciate in value faster than a take away curry. Other than that, if you are buying new I'm sure they are great. You see many saudi registered ones on UAE roads.

What you mean, AC is not strong enough? Never came across a comment like that but I will check. I have had issues with a weedy AC on Toyota Camry. It was like an asthmatic blowing through a 20 miles long straw.

Re depreciation, it does depreciate faster than Toyota but still you can't find many second hand Tahoes in KSA which have fallen in price much more than other similar cars.

weasel decentral Apr 22nd 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Had a Tahoe in Saudi, and i have to say it was a piece of shit.

Big comfortable seats were a plus but otherwise it was a wallowing ship on the road and bizarrely big bumps made the suspension feel very hard, the electrics were crap, the windows stopped working a few times, and the AC was average.

Needless to say I got to know every petrol pump attendant by name, this was a 2 year old company vehicle.

edit to say this was the normal version not the extra long one. Also the front had bench seats so you could get 3 in the front and 4 in the back easily

flares Apr 22nd 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner (Post 10019548)
I have once before bought an SUV w/o a third row of seats thinking that with two kids I won't need it. I have come to regret this on many occasions.

Yep. My mate who works for Al Fahim in Abu Dhabi reliably informs me there a new 7 seater Jeep called a Wagoneer or something coming out.

Howsabout a Dodge Durango? New model supposed to be a marked improvement. Cheap as chips relatively speaking

Oyibopeppeh Apr 22nd 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Build quality and performance is pants and handles like the leviathan which it is.

The only good thing in it's favour is the remote starter, meaning the inside isn't quite at furnace temperature when you're ready to drive off. It also has an AC blower under the seat to keep your arse cool after a minging hot ruby.

Desert Dubliner Apr 22nd 2012 1:54 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
I don't know why they made Durango smaller or at least it looks smaller. It lacks road presence of Tahoe, Yukon, Sequoia. It's similar size to Jeep Grand Cherokee - compact SUV (speaking in USA/ME terms).

Bahtatboy Apr 22nd 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Not that it matters, but what the hell does LTZ stand for? GX and VXR at least sound kinda sexy and macho, but LTZ: sort of Lazy-er-what-the-****-lets-just-pick-a-couple-or-random-letters-yeah-T-and-Z-don't-mean-much-that'll-confuse-the-punters.

Bahtatboy Apr 22nd 2012 1:58 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 
Just thought of one: Lake Tahoe Zombie?

Oyibopeppeh Apr 22nd 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10019608)
Not that it matters, but what the hell does LTZ stand for? GX and VXR at least sound kinda sexy and macho, but LTZ: sort of Lazy-er-what-the-****-lets-just-pick-a-couple-or-random-letters-yeah-T-and-Z-don't-mean-much-that'll-confuse-the-punters.



Doesn't stand for anything - it just denotes the spec level.

LS
LT
LTZ

Bahtatboy Apr 22nd 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ
 

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 10019619)
Doesn't stand for anything - it just denotes the spec level.

LS
LT
LTZ

US IQ Test 2012

Complete the sequence: LS LT LTZ ____


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:58 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.