Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I have always maintained that women generally fit into two groups: kittens and castrators.
Don't be silly. That's like saying that men are either twats or chauvinists.

Oh...

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:41 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meow
Don't be silly. That's like saying that men are either twats or chauvinists.

Oh...

At least it is clear whether you belong to the 'kittens' or 'claws' category.
Old May 9th 2012, 10:34 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
only to wallow as much as the other manufacturers jeeps do.

mine wallowed so much it felt like i was driving one of those monster trucks with 2 metres of suspension travel
Got it yesterday, first impressions are good. Whether it's wallowing or not I have a friend's Sequoia as benchmark and not much difference. Used to drive XC90 but not much comparison there as this is based on a car platform.

AC is good and all stuff works, no sueeks or rattles seems well built both inside and outside. First 200 km the engine is loosening up nicely. Looks very good in black with some chrome on it not too much.

I know Sequoia is a better car at similar price but I just could not get excited about the looks and the dash is crap like on most Toyotas.

Overall I am very happy with purchase.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:44 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Got it yesterday, first impressions are good. Whether it's wallowing or not I have a friend's Sequoia as benchmark and not much difference. Used to drive XC90 but not much comparison there as this is based on a car platform.

AC is good and all stuff works, no sueeks or rattles seems well built both inside and outside. First 200 km the engine is loosening up nicely. Looks very good in black with some chrome on it not too much.

I know Sequoia is a better car at similar price but I just could not get excited about the looks and the dash is crap like on most Toyotas.

Overall I am very happy with purchase.
Are you a short man desert?
Old May 10th 2012, 4:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dumbo
Are you a short man desert?
I'm 6'3". Why?
Old May 10th 2012, 6:59 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 6'3". Why?
I guess I am surprised that a man of your stature would want such a large vehicle. I can understand women wanting a bit of security and short men wanting a leg up.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I guess I am surprised that a man of your stature would want such a large vehicle. I can understand women wanting a bit of security and short men wanting a leg up.
On my own I would have gone for A8 but the way Saudis drive I wanted to enclose my kids into as much metal as possible. Having said that, I do enjoy the vehicles with road presence.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:45 pm
Banned

So let me take this opportunity to update you on the first three months with my Chevy.

The handling is great for a car (or rather a truck as yanks say) of that size. Perhaps the previous models had issues with wallowing suspension but this generation is definitely well sorted.

It ain't an Audi inside but it is actually easy to look at and, unless you finger it, the dash looks good. Happy with the vented seats and particularly with remote engine start which cools it down quite nicely (its black so it heats up like an oven out in the open) by the time I get from the 12th floor of our office building. Loads of space for me at the front and kids in the back. Can lower the seat for a nap (not me the passenger seat, Mrs Gekko takes a nap going back from the beach) and still space in the back for child in a car seat.

The V8 is a joy and it accelerates with urgency when floored which is a great feeling in a 3 tone car. The fuel economy (so to speak) is actually better then expected. Continuous city drive gives me 18l/100km which isn't at all bad from a 5.3l engine compared to my '06 volvo Xc90 which does 15l/100 in town with 2.5l turbo.

Love it so far.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

So let me take this opportunity to update you on the first three months with my Chevy.

The handling is great for a car (or rather a truck as yanks say) of that size. Perhaps the previous models had issues with wallowing suspension but this generation is definitely well sorted.

It ain't an Audi inside but it is actually easy to look at and, unless you finger it, the dash looks good. Happy with the vented seats and particularly with remote engine start which cools it down quite nicely (its black so it heats up like an oven out in the open) by the time I get from the 12th floor of our office building. Loads of space for me at the front and kids in the back. Can lower the seat for a nap (not me the passenger seat, Mrs Gekko takes a nap going back from the beach) and still space in the back for child in a car seat.

The V8 is a joy and it accelerates with urgency when floored which is a great feeling in a 3 tone car. The fuel economy (so to speak) is actually better then expected. Continuous city drive gives me 18l/100km which isn't at all bad from a 5.3l engine compared to my '06 volvo Xc90 which does 15l/100 in town with 2.5l turbo.

Love it so far.
Cheers for the update. I'm eyeing the Dodge Durango (crew model) at the moment and a big part of that is for the remote start. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay in the end?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Cheers for the update. I'm eyeing the Dodge Durango (crew model) at the moment and a big part of that is for the remote start. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay in the end?
Can't you get a remote start fitted to any car? We had a Clifford alarm on the hot hatch in the UK and that would do remote start and remote lights.

Also made a cool noise when the alarm went off. If anyone has ever heard a Clifford you will know exactly what I mean.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

. The fuel economy (so to speak) is actually better then expected. Continuous city drive gives me 18l/100km which isn't at all bad from a 5.3l engine compared to my '06 volvo Xc90 which does 15l/100 in town with 2.5l turbo.

Fuel economy is of little importance in KSA. How much to fill the tank? 15$?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
180kSAR.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Fuel economy is of little importance in KSA. How much to fill the tank? 15$?
Something like that. I mentioned more as a curiosity. I expected much worse economy.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Can't you get a remote start fitted to any car? We had a Clifford alarm on the hot hatch in the UK and that would do remote start and remote lights.

Also made a cool noise when the alarm went off. If anyone has ever heard a Clifford you will know exactly what I mean.
Pretty sure you can.

Mate had it on his Silverado. Said you can get it put on any car. 600dhs somewhere.

Want to investigate.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Pretty sure you can.

Mate had it on his Silverado. Said you can get it put on any car. 600dhs somewhere.

Want to investigate.
Interesting - report back to base on that one Mr. Scamp.

Maybe I can buy the missus a shite car after all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.