Chevy Tahoe LTZ

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe LTZ

I'll be the third to say they wallow hideously

Also fold up 3rd row seats eat up the boot space when folded.

Ford expedition is cheaper and inside feels cheaper but drives much better and third row folds flat
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Have mulled over several SUV vehicles available in KSA with 180kSAR budget:

- Sequoia - don't fancy the interior, plastics look like they're made from recycled insides of a chocolate box
- Land Cruizer - only crappy spec within budget with weedy 4.0V6
- Prado - 4.0V6 would do but KSA Toyota made a stupid decision not to sell VXR any more to push people to Lexus GX so only basic spec available so no leather and no curtain airbags
- Lexus GX - only second hand within budget - expensive service / parts, also I feel it is too much money for a pimped Prado
- Grand Cherokee - love it in Overland spec but no third row of seats
- Armada - liked it but now I cooled off, crappy dealer helped

I have now settled for Tahoe in LTZ spec. So any reason not to?
A used G-Wagon or GL class? My sis bought a 1.5 year old GL450, and I drove it during winter in the MidWest. Feels pretty solid and interior is not cheapo looking like soo many Japanese vehicles. Biggest passenger vehicle Merc makes.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:05 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
A used G-Wagon or GL class? My sis bought a 1.5 year old GL450, and I drove it during winter in the MidWest. Feels pretty solid and interior is not cheapo looking like soo many Japanese vehicles. Biggest passenger vehicle Merc makes.
Very few on the market. I have seen a year old top spec GL for 250kSAR which is blowing an already overblown budget. I was supposed to import my GCC spec XC90 which is in a perfect nick and has only 45k km on the clock but the assholes here pretend they will increase the quality of vehicles by imposing a 5 year limit on import cars. All they do is help their second-hand and new car dealership buddies. By the time I sorted out the IQAMA the Volvo turned 5 and that was it. And you should see the bangers on the streets of Jeddah while my perfect car is sitting in Ireland and being taxed to oblivion by those moronic Greens. Can't sell it, nobody will buy a LHD 2.5L Turbo with the price of petrol closing in on E2 per liter so I am using it as 'when we go to Dublin' car. Blah.

And G-wagens are normally bought in top spec and are therefore hideously expensive. I used to drive one, during my army career - great piece of kit.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Desert Dubliner;10020019] I was supposed to import my GCC spec XC90 which is in a perfect nick and has only 45k km on the clock but the assholes here pretend they will increase the quality of vehicles by imposing a 5 year limit on import cars.QUOTE]

Has anyone heard of this rule being bent at all? I've a 5 1/2 year old Jeep Commander with only 70k on the clock that has been very good (bar AC glitch) and has a good few years left in it that I'd love to take with me.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:07 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

All this talk about handling, guys we're buying truck based kit here, what do you expect?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:50 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I export to Saudi and I dont know anyone (locals) that have taken a car over 5 years in. We sell a lot into KSA, I dont know what the dealers are like or prices there though?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:19 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about handling, guys we're buying truck based kit here, what do you expect?
only to wallow as much as the other manufacturers jeeps do.

mine wallowed so much it felt like i was driving one of those monster trucks with 2 metres of suspension travel
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
only to wallow as much as the other manufacturers jeeps do.

mine wallowed so much it felt like i was driving one of those monster trucks with 2 metres of suspension travel
The best quote on 4x4 handling was "..like sitting on a bar stool, placed on a waterbed." Sadly, this was discribing how old Range Rovers handle, and is perfectly true.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have six children or have to transport large items, why do people want vehicles the size of a small bus as their main car?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Unless you have six children or have to transport large items, why do people want vehicles the size of a small bus as their main car?
To swing the odds in your favour when the inevitable happens. Especially if you travel frequently between AD and Dubai.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:54 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
To swing the odds in your favour when the inevitable happens. Especially if you travel frequently between AD and Dubai.
Then what's wrong with a normal sized SUV? The Armada is ridiculously big.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:00 pm
Banned

You're a woman, you won't understand.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:08 pm
Bored liberal

You're a woman, you won't understand.
*goes back to thinking about kittens*

It's because I don't need a penis extension, isn't it?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

*goes back to thinking about kittens*

It's because I don't need a penis extension, isn't it?
are you sure you're not thinking of claws?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OleJanx
are you sure you're not thinking of claws?
I have always maintained that women generally fit into two groups: kittens and castrators.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.