Cheap nearby places

Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap nearby places

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye I've just seen them, it looks bloody fantastic, I can imagine myself chilling out there for a nice long weekend.
Not really sure if GBP1,595 for a week (excluding flights) falls into the "cheap" category, but it does look nice. Wouldn't Kerala be more cost effective?.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Not really sure if GBP1,595 for a week (excluding flights) falls into the "cheap" category, but it does look nice. Wouldn't Kerala be more cost effective?.
If you devide the costs between 6 adults it would be.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
But not when compared with a beachside villa in Kerala for less than GBP500 per week, but then perhaps you are paying for the staff and other amenities.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:33 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

it actually looks really nice and 400 quid per couple for a week with chef etc sounds pretty nice. went to Goa for a week a few years back and loved it...

did you like this villa?

where is it in relation to beach / towns? calangut, anjuna etc?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
it actually looks really nice and 400 quid per couple for a week with chef etc sounds pretty nice. went to Goa for a week a few years back and loved it...

did you like this villa?

where is it in relation to beach / towns? calangut, anjuna etc?
I loved it, and if you share the costs it's not that expensive in my opinion.
The villa is wonderful, no other houses in sight, you look out over the river, monkeys jumping on your roof in the morning...it's absolutely quiet apart from the sound of birds...
the guy makes you breakfast, anything you like...a maid comes and cleans every day. He drives you anywhere you want to go.
We went out for dinner at night, there was this great place where you just sat on the floor on a load of carpets and cushions and every night there used to be guys making music, just jamming away, hippy type, really really nice, all sorts of people, from kids to old hippy grandmothers, everyone would be dancing halfway through the night, lol...
you don't spend a lot of money once you are there anyway...

we didn't do much sightseeing to be honest, just stayed in the area, I was happy enough just driving around and seeing what it was like as it was my first visit to India...there was a beach at the end of that street where the nice restaurant was, and I remember going to another beach that was a bit more nice looking and that had a lot of beach shacks on it that did food and rented out those wooden lounge chairs (with the most disgustingly dirty cushiouns on it)...must have been about 20 mins away from the house.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

what a coincidence - was looking at their website yesterday - but having had the worst every vomitty thing in Sri Lanka where I thought I was dying and wished I would, not sure I want to risk it. Got the weakest stomach in the world.

N
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:22 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Nic1
what a coincidence - was looking at their website yesterday - but having had the worst every vomitty thing in Sri Lanka where I thought I was dying and wished I would, not sure I want to risk it. Got the weakest stomach in the world.

N
oh that's a pain...we never had any problems there, and some of the places we ate at looked like they hadn't been cleaned for ages, lol...
but then again, we aren't that fussy...my son came home with some flat breads the other week, still hot, got them from the builders across the road, freshly prepared over a little stove on the buildingsite...we ate them and are still alive...
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

oh that's a pain...we never had any problems there, and some of the places we ate at looked like they hadn't been cleaned for ages, lol...
but then again, we aren't that fussy...my son came home with some flat breads the other week, still hot, got them from the builders across the road, freshly prepared over a little stove on the buildingsite...we ate them and are still alive...
I miss getting bread in this fashion, we used to get it every day down in Satwa.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:41 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

well it'll be between 7 or 8 of us.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I miss getting bread in this fashion, we used to get it every day down in Satwa.
I share an office with this lebanese lass and she brings me in manaesh (or whateveR), they are ACE, some sort of bread stuff wrapped around cheese, total great stuff.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

But not when compared with a beachside villa in Kerala for less than GBP500 per week, but then perhaps you are paying for the staff and other amenities.
I heard that one can get by easily in India for 3 months with just USD100 in his pocket...
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I share an office with this lebanese lass and she brings me in manaesh (or whateveR), they are ACE, some sort of bread stuff wrapped around cheese, total great stuff.
Oh aye...You should also try the zaatar manaish...Best place to get it will be Moulin D'or near Karama post office...
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

bloody lovely
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

one of my favourite foods - great shop just down the road from us also does great pizza type things with rocca, salami and chesse, yum
N
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic1
one of my favourite foods - great shop just down the road from us also does great pizza type things with rocca, salami and chesse, yum
N
Which shop's that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.