British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Cheap and Cheerful (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/cheap-cheerful-618657/)

Shadya Jul 6th 2009 4:13 pm

Cheap and Cheerful

Just to say that hubby recently bought several dozen bottles of wine from MMI ranging in price from AED15-30 plus tax, which seems pretty reasonable to me. Its a special July offer and includes Australian, South African and Californian wines. He gets through 3-4 bottles a week and says that they all taste pretty good. Just letting you know.

Blue Cat Jul 6th 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Cheap and Cheerful

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7728498)
Just to say that hubby recently bought several dozen bottles of wine from MMI ranging in price from AED15-30 plus tax, which seems pretty reasonable to me. Its a special July offer and includes Australian, South African and Californian wines. He gets through 3-4 bottles a week and says that they all taste pretty good. Just letting you know.

do you not drink Shadya?

Fairydust Jul 6th 2009 4:21 pm

Just watch what it is you are buying though I went in the other day and noticed a real cheapy bottle of wine I always buy as chucking wine for a bbq after the good stuff runs out which I know for a fact is 29 dhs a bottle. They had it on the sale stand as 49 dhs reduced to 34 when I pointed it out they tried to tell me that the price had gone up - bullshit

Shadya Jul 6th 2009 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7728507)
do you not drink Shadya?

Not normally but I enjoyed a few glasses of Liebfraumilch (AED15 a bottle) the other evening.:)

Euc- Jul 6th 2009 4:29 pm

Have you been watching top gear?

I swear to god, the last episode I'm watching just now, Hammond said they are going to look for something cheap and cheerful. And now Clarkson keeps repeating it :rofl:

MacScot Jul 6th 2009 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7728498)

MMI has a few good deals of late with Aussie wines...up to 30% off ! :)

Spugsy Jul 6th 2009 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 7728512)
Just watch what it is you are buying though I went in the other day and noticed a real cheapy bottle of wine I always buy as chucking wine for a bbq after the good stuff runs out which I know for a fact is 29 dhs a bottle. They had it on the sale stand as 49 dhs reduced to 34 when I pointed it out they tried to tell me that the price had gone up - bullshit

yup I was in beyond beach or whatever its called the other day and they had a sale on, but all the prices were massively inflated, and then nrought down, what a crock of shit.