Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Charging passengers by weight

Charging passengers by weight

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charging passengers by weight

Milly island,

A crying baby I can live with, a child bumping his chair back and forth hitting my legs everytime and whining and screaming and generally being a shit I can not. Why should I tolerate someone elses child being crap when I've paid a lot of money for that seat and generally it's my first chance to relax for quite a while, sleep, watch a film, not be disturbed, so yes i have zero tolerance for badly behaved children. If an adult was acting obnoxiously I would complain, so why shouldn't I complain about an obnoxious child. Parents seem to have the ability to block out their childrens whining and screaming, I however do not. When I check-in I always ask them to check I'm not seated by children.

Having said that I once did have a sweet little girl sat nect to me she was 6, we chatted the whole way and it was quite nice not having someone hog the arm rests so I guess nice children have their perks. The badly behaved ones should be given ejector seats.

And mentalist you need to go to the opticians love.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If you go by weight, the airlines won't fly to Ethiopia & Bangladesh .

Oh and....
Anyone who reclines their seat to the max should be FORCED to pay the person behind them the latter's airfare !!

Last edited by Boomhauer; Apr 3rd 2013 at 3:33 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If you go by weight, the airlines won't fly to Ethiopia & Bangladesh .

Oh and....
Anyone who reclines their seat to the max should be FORCED to pay the person behind them the latter's airfare !!
Why?

I have my seat reclined all the way. Apart from when eating.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

The only issue I have in Suite 1A is my champers going warm and requiring a refresh. But then that's what the call bell's for
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Milly island,

A crying baby I can live with, a child bumping his chair back and forth hitting my legs everytime and whining and screaming and generally being a shit I can not. Why should I tolerate someone elses child being crap when I've paid a lot of money for that seat and generally it's my first chance to relax for quite a while, sleep, watch a film, not be disturbed, so yes i have zero tolerance for badly behaved children. If an adult was acting obnoxiously I would complain, so why shouldn't I complain about an obnoxious child. Parents seem to have the ability to block out their childrens whining and screaming, I however do not. When I check-in I always ask them to check I'm not seated by children.

Having said that I once did have a sweet little girl sat nect to me she was 6, we chatted the whole way and it was quite nice not having someone hog the arm rests so I guess nice children have their perks. The badly behaved ones should be given ejector seats.

And mentalist you need to go to the opticians love.
As I said, parents that do not attempt to calm their unruly children are indeed irritating. And you mention that you've paid a lot of money for that seat, but don't forget the children's parents will have paid for their child's seat too, usually 75% of what you've paid if they're over 2 and have a seat of their own, so they have some rights too.

It's very difficult to keep a child restrained and quiet for 6-7 hours without the aid of a tranquilizer gun or strait-jacket and gag.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
I think the most intolerant are those that have not (yet) had children,
Nope I hate the little buggers and I have one.

Wooohoo for noise cancelling earphones.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
Nope I hate the little buggers and I have one.
Wooohoo for noise cancelling earphones.
tut tut, So you're one of those of parents who just ignores their kids on long haul flights.

It is interesting that this topic has turned to kids, because technically they have already been charged by weight, they reduced the airfare by a whisker because they weigh less or eat less?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
tut tut, So you're one of those of parents who just ignores their kids on long haul flights.

It is interesting that this topic has turned to kids, because technically they have already been charged by weight, they reduced the airfare by a whisker because they weigh less or eat less?

He's 19, so not really a problem on flights. It's just i've done the child bearing thing, I like peace and quiet, and children are not peaceful or quiet. They get on my nerves. I understand their right to be there, but that doesn't make them less annoying.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

To be fair, if the parent prepares well then kids need not be bored:

iPad with cartoons downloaded and bucket loads of games.

Saw some kid play on an iPad non stop back to the UK at Xmas, must have been about 4/5 years old. His Dad at one point was more bored than the kid but didn't get anything out of the lad because he was up to his neck in Angry Birds.

Babies crying - I feel sorry for the parents until it's gone on a while. At which point they need to think about feeding the infant some booze or soemthing to knock it out.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's very difficult to keep a child restrained and quiet for 6-7 hours without the aid of a tranquilizer gun or strait-jacket and gag.
These are all available to buy- I don't see the problem...
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

We've been lucky so far with the flights, William has slept nearly all the way. Although, Wife and him flew to Berlin the night before last and he was apparently a bit of a nightmare.

October is a 16hour AUH/GRU direct flight with a just shy of a 2 Y/O and a newborn. Not looking forward to that at all.

I hate screaming children and kids on a flight, it hasn't changed since I have had one of my own, I'm just a little more sympathetic to other passengers.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:08 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
We've been lucky so far with the flights, William has slept nearly all the way. Although, Wife and him flew to Berlin the night before last and he was apparently a bit of a nightmare.

October is a 16hour AUH/GRU direct flight with a just shy of a 2 Y/O and a newborn. Not looking forward to that at all.

I hate screaming children and kids on a flight, it hasn't changed since I have had one of my own, I'm just a little more sympathetic to other passengers.
Why put them through a 16 hour flight? Newborn I suppose doesn't count as it won't know where it is but a 2 year old is asking for trouble?

As much as my parents wanted to fly places when I was a baby we only went as far as a car could take us which meant Spain for the summer holidays and the UK for the others.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:10 am
Account Closed

William..............flew to Berlin......
You trying to start a war?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Why put them through a 16 hour flight? Newborn I suppose doesn't count as it won't know where it is but a 2 year old is asking for trouble?

As much as my parents wanted to fly places when I was a baby we only went as far as a car could take us which meant Spain for the summer holidays and the UK for the others.
can't really avoid it, haven't seen her part of the family for a while, and I can hardly leave him on his own for 3 weeks here in the sandpit.

I'm aware it's going to be trouble, not a lot else I can do
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:44 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

can't really avoid it, haven't seen her part of the family for a while, and I can hardly leave him on his own for 3 weeks here in the sandpit.

I'm aware it's going to be trouble, not a lot else I can do
Ship them out to you, to eat all your food, drink all your drink and have to entertain them.........................

On second thoughts..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.