Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Charging passengers by weight

Charging passengers by weight

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charging passengers by weight

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'd pay more if I got extra leg room without the responsibility of emergency exit and without being in a bulkhead seat with cots and babies and kids around.
That is called Business Class.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
It would be interesting to see how it could be applied, not possible in my opinion. The logical extension of this argument would mean that all transport costs should be weight based; taxis, trains, boats, buses etc.
Probably not boats. That is typically a volume based measurement.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pay more for that, not because I'm a cock that weighs 134kgs
Fixed that for you
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
That is called Business Class.
Not true. Sat in the back row of business class and some scum bag kid spent the entire flight either screaming or running through the curtain from economy.

Originally Posted by mikewot
Fixed that for you
Thanks, I am a massive cock but fortunately, I'm happy to admit it.

I'm still waiting for 'family' flights -- i.e. all economy but where the last few rows are converted to a creche. That would solve a lot of problems for everyone.
A good suggestion. Personally I like the BBC article today about parents drugging their kiddies for long flights. Perfect.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not true. Sat in the back row of business class and some scum bag kid spent the entire flight either screaming or running through the curtain from economy.
Get a better assistant and you'll be seated at the front
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Get a better assistant and you'll be seated at the front
To be honest, I didn't think about it.

Still, it's rare I fly business because I can't justify the money / afford to.

I'm quite happy getting the seats at the back of the plane, in a little two and stretching out my legs down the side. Suits me fine
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:42 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'd much rather see a clamp down on people bringing huge wheeled cases on as hand luggage.
I'm with you 100% on that. Hand luggage (the clue is in the wording).

There is nothing pisses me off more than when I can't get my laptop bag into overhead compartments because it's full of cases, or worse when someone try's to squeeze in a case when my bag is already in there...don't worry about the $2000 laptop, as long as you don't have to wait for your luggage at the other end it's alright.

Is waiting 20-30 minutes for a suitcase to be unloaded really going to change your life?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:47 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

A colleague was flying economy and someone from business class came back to the economy cabin.

He complained to Emirates, using the line "they have their section, I have mine".
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

To link with another thread, perhaps they should charge by social class?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:00 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Meow
To link with another thread, perhaps they should charge by social class?
Or country of origin/passport.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
A colleague was flying economy and someone from business class came back to the economy cabin.

He complained to Emirates, using the line "they have their section, I have mine".
That's classic. I'm not that much of a ****. The kid just screamed non stop. Then he came and stood next to my chair staring at me. After about 15 seconds I had to take my hand out from the front of my jogging bottoms and stop watching aerobics.

I'm with you 100% on that. Hand luggage (the clue is in the wording).

There is nothing pisses me off more than when I can't get my laptop bag into overhead compartments because it's full of cases, or worse when someone try's to squeeze in a case when my bag is already in there...don't worry about the $2000 laptop, as long as you don't have to wait for your luggage at the other end it's alright.

Is waiting 20-30 minutes for a suitcase to be unloaded really going to change your life?
It's ****ing stupid. I hate it. Bashing around wheeling them through the aisles. Struggling to lift it into the overhead locker thing. Just **** off. Luggage is free up to lots of Kgs on Emirates so don't be a ****ing bellend.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Or country of origin/passport.
I'd judge by how a person holds their cutlery.

- this response works on either thread.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
I'd judge by how a person holds their cutlery.

- this response works on either thread.
Or if they know which to use first?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:25 am
Bored liberal

Or if they know which to use first?
Possibly, but I think it's how you hold and use your cutlery that matters most. Fish knives are a horrid petit bourgeois pretention too.

Of course, in this matter most Americans will fail miserably. I never cease to be amazed at how awkwardly many of them eat.

I should really to be commenting in the class thread on these issues.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I'll be screwed as I'm fat and am always way over my baggage weight. I wonder if they would be applying this for business and first class passengers... hardly a premium service.
I've seen you in the flesh and you are definitely NOT fat. I cannot comment upon your baggage requirements though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.