British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Changes to LHR terminals for airlines out here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/changes-lhr-terminals-airlines-out-here-630941/)

The Dean Sep 15th 2009 6:46 pm

Changes to LHR terminals for airlines out here

Apologies if you have all seen this, but for the record:

Imminent changes to the LHR terminals......... all of these moves are from T3 to T4.............

26 Oct 2009: Gulf Air
9 Feb 2010: Kuwait, Qatar, Saudia
30 Aug 2010: Etihad

Word is that T3 will become 100% short-haul, so Emirates will presumably have to move as well........ my spy in the travel business (Deanetta) will keep me informed.

co durham boy Sep 16th 2009 8:21 am

Re: Changes to LHR terminals for airlines out here

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7933854)

Imminent changes to the LHR terminals......... all of these moves are from T3 to T4.............

Word is that T3 will become 100% short-haul, so Emirates will presumably have to move as well........ my spy in the travel business (Deanetta) will keep me informed.

T3 is being re-built so they are moving alot of airlines to other terminals ,it will eventually house only one operator, not sure who it is but it is really a nightmare round there the current T3 is decaying badly its a real hole

andrewpops Sep 16th 2009 8:47 am

There is another rumour that Etihad is going to 5 flights daily to LHR in Feb 2010 (up from 3 per day currently).

andyjock Sep 16th 2009 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 7935276)
T3 is being re-built so they are moving alot of airlines to other terminals ,it will eventually house only one operator, not sure who it is but it is really a nightmare round there the current T3 is decaying badly its a real hole

T3 isnt being redeveloped yet T1/T2 are first on the list and will become a new terminal currently known as Heathrow East (HET), was originally planned for completion in time for the olympics.

Etihad are flying out of T4 at Heathrow from 1st of Oct I believe.

The Dean Sep 16th 2009 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 7935880)
T3 isnt being redeveloped yet T1/T2 are first on the list and will become a new terminal currently known as Heathrow East (HET), was originally planned for completion in time for the olympics.

Etihad are flying out of T4 at Heathrow from 1st of Oct I believe.

No I think the date I mentioned for Etihad is right (late-2010).

Etihad will be increasing their daily flights to LHR - it's part of a long-standing deal when they gave up their LGW slots to Emirates a couple of years ago.

andyjock Sep 16th 2009 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7936158)
No I think the date I mentioned for Etihad is right (late-2010).

Etihad will be increasing their daily flights to LHR - it's part of a long-standing deal when they gave up their LGW slots to Emirates a couple of years ago.

My ticket in Oct has me flying back from T4, and the rumour is the LGW slot for Etihad may be on its way back.

The Dean Sep 16th 2009 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 7936422)
My ticket in Oct has me flying back from T4, and the rumour is the LGW slot for Etihad may be on its way back.

You sound well-informed............ thanks for the info.

andyjock Sep 16th 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7936441)
You sound well-informed............ thanks for the info.

I might know a few sources in Etihad......

Millhouse Sep 16th 2009 5:06 pm

Eithad will also have a new dedicated lounge in T4 complete with SPA like the one here. Better than that rubbish shared SAS one.

The Dean Sep 16th 2009 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 7936453)
I might know a few sources in Etihad......

The August 2010 date for moving to T4 was actually on the official Heathrow website, so someone's screwing someone around............

W10 Sep 17th 2009 10:45 am

I'd hope not, EK spent quite a bit on their new lounge at T3 and to guarantee the have the new, revamped stands so it can house the A380. I quite like being able to board directly from the lounge (as you can now)