Change- grrrrrrrr

Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:55 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change- grrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
why not?
Two main reasons:
  1. Because I was raised with the principle of "if you dont have the cash you cant afford". I abhor credit cards but recognise them as a necessary evil but if i can avoid using them I will.
  2. I'm the customer, the method of payment (within reason) is my choice; as a supplier of a service the onus is on the store to ensure that they can complete the sale as I wish.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok this has always bothered me a bit but I just got really pissed off with the dude in Carrefour so having a rant. Paying for a bit of shopping and I only have a 500 aed note- shopping was 150 aed. So the guy asks if I have a smaller note, I said no and he rolled his eyes and muttered something at me. He very nearly got a complete mouthful as I am really not in the mood. What is it with this obsession with demanding smaller notes and getting stroppy when you don't have any- is it me or this really crap service?

Am I the only one that gets pissed off at the constant request for smaller notes? If cash points paid out 10s and 20s I could understand it but the only way you get smaller notes is by someone giving you change- it really does get right on my tits!

rant over
Do you want to really startle them/piss them off? Here is what you do :
Collect all the candy/chocolate/chewing gum you are given as change by cashiers. Then, when some sales person in any shop does not want to take your 500, give them the "other" change
Should be entertaining.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 9:50 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Do you want to really startle them/piss them off? Here is what you do :
Collect all the candy/chocolate/chewing gum you are given as change by cashiers. Then, when some sales person in any shop does not want to take your 500, give them the "other" change
Should be entertaining.
Nice ... Similar to sending the "Freepost" envelopes you get in the Uk back to the sender them but with someone elses promo literature inside... I used to get a cynical smile out of doing that....
Old Dec 19th 2012, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Nice ... Similar to sending the "Freepost" envelopes you get in the Uk back to the sender them but with someone elses promo literature inside... I used to get a cynical smile out of doing that....
That's something I do, too! I always imagine someone hopefully opening a plump envelope, only to find some other beggars' bumpf in it.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That's something I do, too! I always imagine someone hopefully opening a plump envelope, only to find some other beggars' bumpf in it.
And knowing that it cost them the post...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:03 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash786
On a slightly different subject, it annoys me when shops, taxis etc won't accpet notes that are slightly tatty. I can understand if the note is nearing confetti stage, but if it only has one of two creases in it, some vendors still complain. I bought a pizza and when I handed over the 20 riyal (in saudi) note which was only slightly manky, the guy looked at me as though I'd just shot his mother. He asked me if I had a better quality note; I asked if he knew anywhere else I could get pizza
Manky money (I like that expression) can cause issues occasionally.

I emptied my pockets as usual when I got home one evening a few years ago and was surpised to find half a particularly manky 5 dirham note. Then I realised with horror that the other half was probably right then being spat upon by an angry car valet at the hotel I had just left whose exuberant expression of appreciation for the note I had slipped in his hand before driving off proved sadly premature...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 1:29 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Because I was raised with the principle of "if you dont have the cash you cant afford". I abhor credit cards but recognise them as a necessary evil but if i can avoid using them I will.
Oh I see. I use my credit card as a debit card. I have a limit of one month's salary of one of us on it, and it automatically pays off at the end of the month, but after salary has been paid (usually around the 20th).