Change is coming

Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change is coming

Two unusual news reports today.

There's been rumours forever but are these are two articles signs of a new deal having been done between Abu Dhabi and Dubai?

here

Mohammad Bin Rashid raises UAE flag on historic day

"His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, raised the UAE flag on Monday in Zayed Military City in Abu Dhabi on the occasion of Flag Day."

here
Abu Dhabi’s tallest tower named Burj Mohammad Bin Rashid

The tallest building in Abu Dhabi - formerly known as the World Trade Centre - was named after His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The move is in line with the directives of President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and orders of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The new name ‘Burj Mohammad Bin Rashid’ was announced at the official inauguration of the tower and the adjacent mall on Monday.
The inauguration was attended by Shaikh Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Adviser and Deputy Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Council; Shaikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs; and Shaikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Economic Department.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Change is coming

Some curious turns of phrase in some of the 10 year anniversary articles as well.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Funny, I thought pretty much the same thing...

Though, saying you are going to Burj Mohammed bin Rashid Mall at Burj Mohammed bin Rashid Tower is a bit of a mouthful!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Some curious turns of phrase in some of the 10 year anniversary articles as well.
agreed

but then again that could just be the appalling writing seen in gulf news.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiva
agreed

but then again that could just be the appalling writing seen in gulf news.
Indeed, but I was thinking more of the ones in The National, where it's slightly more likely to be intentional.

Last edited by Cypselos; Nov 4th 2014 at 9:39 am.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

Indeed, but I was thinking more of the ones in The National.
yes, similar platitudes and language.

Future ruler of UAE?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Is there a particularly auspicious day coming?
Have the schools bus drivers been sent a letter?
Has anyone on EW seen more helicopters than usual?

It's all very interesting, but I'm not getting out my panpipe moods CD again yet, it's right at the back of the cupboard
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

It's all very interesting, but I'm not getting out my panpipe moods CD again yet, it's right at the back of the cupboard
true but whatever is happening its pretty significant for Abu Dhabi to show such respect to somebody who only a couple of years ago they were castigating.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i saw 2 big planes flying over e22 this morning, really low not normal for them to be there!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Where do I claim my five pounds?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't I read somewhere that Dubai has this week paid Abu Dhabi a few zillion Dirhams towards their outstanding loan. Maybe some connection rather than coincidence.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 5:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by mentalist
Didn't I read somewhere that Dubai has this week paid Abu Dhabi a few zillion Dirhams towards their outstanding loan. Maybe some connection rather than coincidence.
Thats expected and hardly cause for hyping up big mo.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 6:16 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
to somebody who only a couple of years ago they were castigating.
oh? I didnt know that
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

MaashaaAllah...