Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League Tonight

Champions League Tonight

Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:00 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Tonight

Originally Posted by Dumbo

Never a red card, but United have had more than their share of these decisions over the years and sometimes people make mistakes.

The game was dull in the first half with Man U playing counter attacking football and Real Madrid (Ronaldo particularly) not turning up until the red card.
yeah pity the card affected the outcome so much, united while not having a lot of possession looked comfortable playing on the break.

Lopez had a fantastic game and pulled off some great saves towards the end, and Modric the short ugly fiend was excellent when he came on.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be surprised if it's an all German final this year.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Agree with Weasel, Modric looked mustard when he came on.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo

Never a red card, but United have had more than their share of these decisions over the years and sometimes people make mistakes.

The game was dull in the first half with Man U playing counter attacking football and Real Madrid (Ronaldo particularly) not turning up until the red card.
Nani? I don't even think it was a foul - his eyes on the ball, opponent ducked to head it....... can easily happen. That ref will now quietly disappear, I suspect, from the UEFA list (is he FIFA too?).

Despite the questionable nature of that decision, Rio F may still be in trouble for his sarcastic applause right in the ref's face at the final whistle.

Last edited by The Dean; Mar 6th 2013 at 5:22 am. Reason: u
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:36 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a complete outrage. Was this referee not informed that all marginal (ok dodgy) decisions in the ToD have to go the way of Manure? No wonder Fergie was apoplectic (oh what I would give to see some video of him after the match). Mind you, I've noticed in quite a few more recent Madrid games that a lot of decisions seem to go their way. It was comical at last weekend's classico how frequently the yellow card was brandished at the Barca players while far mroe egregious RM offences earned at best only a free kick.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

An atrocious decision which spoilt the whole game. It was a soft yellow at best, not even a smidge of intent, he didn't even look at him. United were cruising at that point. Quite proud of how they reacted tho forcing some excellent saves from the RM keeper.

Watched the game in Harvesters, the official MUSC bar. Was an awesome atmosphere and rammed. They even closed the doors 30 mins prior to the game as they were over capacity.

I can't see past Bayern this year. Can see Barca going out against Milan and then its a done deal.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:00 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jam25mack
An atrocious decision which spoilt the whole game. It was a soft yellow at best, not even a smidge of intent, he didn't even look at him. United were cruising at that point. Quite proud of how they reacted tho forcing some excellent saves from the RM keeper.

Watched the game in Harvesters, the official MUSC bar. Was an awesome atmosphere and rammed. They even closed the doors 30 mins prior to the game as they were over capacity.

I can't see past Bayern this year. Can see Barca going out against Milan and then its a done deal.
Everybody's ignoring these guys.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ampions-league

OK, a long way behind in the Bundesliga but unlucky to go out to Munich in the cup at the weekend and this is a cup competition. And of course the Old Lady will probably still be in it after tonight (whatever I'd like to hope).
Old Mar 6th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Everybody's ignoring these guys.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ampions-league

OK, a long way behind in the Bundesliga but unlucky to go out to Munich in the cup at the weekend and this is a cup competition. And of course the Old Lady will probably still be in it after tonight (whatever I'd like to hope).
Sadly, the Old Lady will definitely be in it after tonight. We couldn't beat Motherwell at Fir Park at the weekend, doesn't bode well for a trip to Turin.

I'm pretty confident we will win, they're up for it, but to win by 3 clear goals? Not likely
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Sadly, the Old Lady will definitely be in it after tonight. We couldn't beat Motherwell at Fir Park at the weekend, doesn't bode well for a trip to Turin.

I'm pretty confident we will win, they're up for it, but to win by 3 clear goals? Not likely
Can't see celtic getting a sniff personally. An Italian team defending a lead..... will be a snooze fest!