Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League then...

Champions League then...

Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions League then...

what a win by Liverpool, 4-0 against Real Madrid is pretty damn impressive, whatever you say about them they are class in europe,

Chelsea through and also Man U and Arsenal to go, could be 4 english teams in again, thats brilliant,

And Sporting Lisbon? Beaten on aggregate 12-1 by Bayern Munich, jesus thats unbelievable.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:47 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League then...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
what a win by Liverpool, 4-0 against Real Madrid is pretty damn impressive, whatever you say about them they are class in europe,

Chelsea through and also Man U and Arsenal to go, could be 4 english teams in again, thats brilliant,

And Sporting Lisbon? Beaten on aggregate 12-1 by Bayern Munich, jesus thats unbelievable.
Yeah, what is it with Liverpool in the Champs Lge ? Awesome there, and average in the Premeriship lately

I think Arsenal may go out tonight, but am sure Man U will go through, especially as Inter have the most overated footballer ever, Ibrahimovich in their side...all mouth and no skill

The only downside of all this is that the big four just get richer and richer from tv rights, and so the Pemiership will be the usual 3 leagues within a league next year and the year after, and the year after that....
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:01 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I read somewhere that Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho have met thirteen times in recent years and that AF has won only one of these encounters.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

got to admit I'm not overconfident about this match!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Yeah Liverpool played really good and winning against a team like Real is always great especially if it was a 4-0. We will see about the Manures as I am a die hard Inter Milan fan. Inter will defend and will probably take it to penalties if they had to and they should.
I wonder where the English team will be if the 5+6 rule is implemented.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Yeah, what is it with Liverpool in the Champs Lge ? Awesome there, and average in the Premeriship lately

I think Arsenal may go out tonight, but am sure Man U will go through, especially as Inter have the most overated footballer ever, Ibrahimovich in their side...all mouth and no skill

The only downside of all this is that the big four just get richer and richer from tv rights, and so the Pemiership will be the usual 3 leagues within a league next year and the year after, and the year after that....
Ibra is amazing, he always does it in Serie A but in internationals or champs league he never does the business,

and aye, I agree about Arsenal, Roma are playing some good football at the moment.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
got to admit I'm not overconfident about this match!
Inter have quite a few injuries to their defence as well, so it'll be a tight one.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Ibra's form has been a lot better in the International stage during the Euro2008 and afterwards. And yeah Inter do have some injuries but that's not the worry. If Samuel and Cordoba can hold up without getting injured in the game it would be fantastic. The problem is the midfield. Inter doesn't have that player who dictates the midfield. We have Vieira but he's always injured and when not injured, suspended.
I hope to see a great game today!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simao
Yeah Liverpool played really good and winning against a team like Real is always great especially if it was a 4-0. We will see about the Manures as I am a die hard Inter Milan fan. Inter will defend and will probably take it to penalties if they had to and they should.
Its never going to happen. Its in clear violation of EU laws of free movement of workers. Blatter should just stop interfering. Man Utd could still put out a decent team though

VDS
Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Simao
I think Inter have more to worry about regarding the 5+6 rule. Out of a 28 man squad they have 7 Italians and 2 of them are keepers
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

I think Inter have more to worry about regarding the 5+6 rule. Out of a 28 man squad they have 7 Italians and 2 of them are keepers
Precisely! They fielded one Italian in the first leg tie...and yet the French hypocrites at UEFA have the gall to attack the English clubs for fielding 'foreigners'!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Its never going to happen. Its in clear violation of EU laws of free movement of workers. Blatter should just stop interfering. Man Utd could still put out a decent team though

VDS
Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov
Not only that, any such quota should consider the fact that the UK is one country and one legal entity (despite the four FAs and four teams) - if it didn't, wouldn't be hard to sue and get a ruling. Hence, British players such as Giggs, Evans and Fletcher, are as much 'home' players for us as Scholes and Neville, and probably more than Rooney and Carrick! Some would argue that even O'Shea is a 'home' player, given the 'close' historical links between the English game and the FAI.