Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Champions League Draw - Group Stage

Champions League Draw - Group Stage

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Draw - Group Stage

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
The United prediction is a little bit tongue in cheek but I do think they could struggle.
What, like City did.......?

A team doesn't win the league by 11 clear points and unluckily go out of the CL to Real following a poor decision to falling apart the next season.

United will yet again make it through the group stages as winners.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jam25mack
What, like City did.......?

A team doesn't win the league by 11 clear points and unluckily go out of the CL to Real following a poor decision to falling apart the next season.

United will yet again make it through the group stages as winners.
City have struggled in the CL. You don't need to be a genius to work that out.

Not saying you will fall apart but there is one major difference from last year.

Last edited by The_Citizen; Sep 3rd 2013 at 7:18 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

City have struggled in the CL. You don't need to be a genius to work that out.

Not saying you will fall apart but there is one major difference from last year.
Bebe leaving on loan.....?

Nah, I agree that Fergie will be missed and United will undoubtedly have a few (2-3) seasons of transition as Moyes settles and team develops / changes but they still have a decent squad with a good mix of youth and experience and the players with experience all generally got bucket loads of it from playing (and winning) the CL. Saying that I was disappointed by our business in the window. Pretty embarrassing if I am honest. I think we will still do OK this season but it will be a harder battle than last season. Can't see us winning it but won't be lower than 3rd.

What are you thinking about Ozil. Undoubtedly a quality player but it's only 1 addition to a rather average squad and it's not as if he has EPL experience. Most of my Arsenal mates are celebrating as if they have already won the league. Also I just wonder how fit Jack 'the crock' Wiltshire will stay this season. Definitely interesting as although apparently everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread there is never even a whisper of an approach for him. If he has another injury ravaged season unfortunately I could see him failing to live up to the hype.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Bebe leaving on loan.....?

Nah, I agree that Fergie will be missed and United will undoubtedly have a few (2-3) seasons of transition as Moyes settles and team develops / changes but they still have a decent squad with a good mix of youth and experience and the players with experience all generally got bucket loads of it from playing (and winning) the CL. Saying that I was disappointed by our business in the window. Pretty embarrassing if I am honest. I think we will still do OK this season but it will be a harder battle than last season. Can't see us winning it but won't be lower than 3rd.

What are you thinking about Ozil. Undoubtedly a quality player but it's only 1 addition to a rather average squad and it's not as if he has EPL experience. Most of my Arsenal mates are celebrating as if they have already won the league. Also I just wonder how fit Jack 'the crock' Wiltshire will stay this season. Definitely interesting as although apparently everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread there is never even a whisper of an approach for him. If he has another injury ravaged season unfortunately I could see him failing to live up to the hype.
Ozil is an odd one for me. I think he is a great player and up there in the top players in Europe. But Arsenal were in need of a holding midfielder, another striker and a centre half. Injury to Giroud and they have nobody. They already have a lot of centre midfielders; Wiltshire, Ramsey, Rosicky, Carzola and Arteta. He will add a lot to the team but they needed to spend money elsewhere to be considered title contenders.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ozil is an odd one for me. I think he is a great player and up there in the top players in Europe. But Arsenal were in need of a holding midfielder, another striker and a centre half. Injury to Giroud and they have nobody. They already have a lot of centre midfielders; Wiltshire, Ramsey, Rosicky, Carzola and Arteta. He will add a lot to the team but they needed to spend money elsewhere to be considered title contenders.
Agreed. Although as much as I like Arteta I think he's now done and Rosicky and Ramsey are pretty average (I know Ramsey has started well but that means nowt - so have Liverpool ).

It's also weird as apparently Real had been whoring him all around Europe with both Chelsea and United amoung others turning the offer down. Surprising that Jose fancied Willian more than Ozil.....
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Agreed. Although as much as I like Arteta I think he's now done and Rosicky and Ramsey are pretty average (I know Ramsey has started well but that means nowt - so have Liverpool ).

It's also weird as apparently Real had been whoring him all around Europe with both Chelsea and United amoung others turning the offer down. Surprising that Jose fancied Willian more than Ozil.....
Would have thought he would be perfect for your lot? I don't understand why Kagawa isn't getting a game though.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't understand why Kagawa isn't getting a game though.
Same here. Some say he's not match fit etc but apparently he is heading off to Japan for a International so WTF knows. He definitely needs a string of games to let him find his feet.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:18 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

be interesting to see how the predictions we all made over 3 months ago turn out.

Weasel looks to have the best selections going into the last night.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
be interesting to see how the predictions we all made over 3 months ago turn out.

Totally forgot about this..... ha ha!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:21 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Yeah to all those that went for Real Sociedad....
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

The weasel is looking very good indeed. Interesting that the Daily Fail are suggesting that City could have topped their group with a 4-2 win, when it's completely bollocks. It's a head-to-head (results) then goal difference before head-to-head (goals) as anyone who knows UEFA rules would know. What's the odds on United drawing Olympiakos while City draw Real Madrid?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
The weasel is looking very good indeed. Interesting that the Daily Fail are suggesting that City could have topped their group with a 4-2 win, when it's completely bollocks. It's a head-to-head (results) then goal difference before head-to-head (goals) as anyone who knows UEFA rules would know. What's the odds on United drawing Olympiakos while City draw Real Madrid?
nice to see City fans still have that massive chip on their shoulders

I would never read the Mail but the rest of the world also seems to think that 4-2 would have seen City top because 4-2 would trump 3-1 on away goals, I'm off to tell them some knacker from the internet says they're all wrong
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:59 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

I have been lucky so far, but the marginal ones I have in the second set of games tonight I doubt will come through. I didn't expect PSG to lose last night, but Olympiacos just squeaked it on goal difference.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
No - you're wrong, apparently. The Guardian (and every other paper) agrees with the Mail:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...llegrini-rules
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

great result regardless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.