Censorship of BE

Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Censorship of BE

So now the Moratorium on anyone on this board disagreeing or posting a contrary opinion to that of <we all know who> extends to removing every post and every thread...

At what point does moderation become censorship? Clearly this board cannot represent a fair and balanced view, because us members aren't allowed to present differing views to those of <we all know who> as our posts get 'moderated', and threads deleted.

Anyone agree?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Censorship of BE

Please obey the site rules and stop causing the Mods so much work.

Thank you.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not entering into an online discussion with you. I have asked you, politely, to obey the site rules.

End of.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011 View Post
So now the Moratorium on anyone on this board disagreeing or posting a contrary opinion to that of <we all know who> extends to removing every post and every thread...

At what point does moderation become censorship? Clearly this board cannot represent a fair and balanced view, because us members aren't allowed to present differing views to those of <we all know who> as our posts get 'moderated', and threads deleted.

Anyone agree?
Spot on mate, 100% agree
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
I'm not entering into an online discussion with you. I have asked you, politely, to obey the site rules.

End of.
Nice.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

damn...all those karma messages I typed...all for nothing
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to say what makes it worse is that the karma i got for one of my posts has disappeared! boooo it was awesome too.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

I was up to two stars as well for hitting 50 posts, back to one now since all of my messages have disappeared!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Imack1811 View Post
Spot on mate, 100% agree
Please read the site rules, if you're unwilling to abide by them I'm sure there are other sites which would welcome your input.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Please read the site rules, if you're unwilling to abide by them I'm sure there are other sites which would welcome your input.
Sorry I thought this was a website frequented by adults.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Sorry I thought this was a website frequented by adults.
So did I, but it would appear not.

If anyone else has an issue with moderation I refer you to Rule 15:
15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.

If you still have a problem then PM Sue.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to respond to the comments here, and then this thread will be closed to further posting.

We have to have moderation otherwise BE becomes a free-for-all and would be of no use to anybody.

For those of you who have been around a bit and used other forums you will notice that we have a fairly hands off approach to moderating on BE as opposed to many other communities on the inter webs. My motto is "less is more" in other words we only step in what absolutely necessary.

I asked nicely in another thread for people to get back on the topic as the thread had turned completely on it's head and was of no use to the OP of the thread in question. That request was ignored and so posts were removed. It's not censorship, it's asking people to give a thought to those members around them, nothing more, nothing less.

Now as already requested, please feel free to PM me if you wish to have a rant about how unfair I am being, but if you do please know that I won't be expanding on my comments above.

Thanks all