Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Celebrity rumour mill...

Celebrity rumour mill...

Old Nov 16th 2008, 2:57 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Celebrity rumour mill...

I've heard through a friend of a friend (so truth may be dubious, hopefully someone will be able to throw some light on it) that a “comedian” recently fire was a bit naughty a little while back.

An acquaintance of friend owns a very nice flat just off George street, for the duration of the festival. Long story short, he goes round the day after alleged “comedian” vacates the premesis to discover the place is in ruins, smashed glass everywhere and blood/god knows what on the bed. Coincidentally a cocktail waitress from a bar nearby had been asked up to the flat for 'A party with said comedian' and alleges she was date raped at party.

Owner keeps deposit and sells the story to Sun newspaper for “a few quid”.

Event was a couple of years ago and I'm not making allegations, just a story I've heard. So can any Sun readers here recall such a story appearing in the publication?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:00 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity rumour mill...

just allegedly say his name goddamit...
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:10 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Celebrity rumour mill...

Originally Posted by commander
just allegedly say his name goddamit...
Libel, Defamation, Slander are just some of the things I don't want to answer for. I'm sure you can work it out, I've made it very easy.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Libel, Defamation, Slander are just some of the things I don't want to answer for. I'm sure you can work it out, I've made it very easy.
the above cannot be upheld if you 'allegedly' name the person.

Honest guv.

And im thick, go easy on me.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by commander
the above cannot be upheld if you 'allegedly' name the person.

Honest guv.

And im thick, go easy on me.
Perhaps it was my fault, Russel Brand and comedian is a tenuous link .

Edit: Wiki seems to offer some background to his behaviour even before he became famous last week http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brand.

Last edited by Charismatic; Nov 16th 2008 at 3:30 am.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: Wiki seems to offer some background to his behaviour even before he became famous last week http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brand.
he's been famous for a long time.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, you meant "recently fired"...now I get you. Well, much like Confucius had never heard of Paul Rodgers, yours truly had never heard of Russell Brand...no idea what he does and don't really want to know either.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:17 am
banned

Originally Posted by lionheart
Oh, you meant "recently fired"...now I get you. Well, much like Confucius had never heard of Paul Rodgers, yours truly had never heard of Russell Brand...no idea what he does and don't really want to know either.
i was googling 'comedian who recently has been set on fire'

i got something about Dick Cheney

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ck_cheney.html
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:01 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Celebrity rumour mill...

Originally Posted by lionheart
Oh, you meant "recently fired"...
That's the one!

I also heard one recently about police who raided a dodgy cinema in Soho mostly showing amateur adult videos of man on man action. They took all the names of men found with their trousers around their ankles, amongst them was a famous football commentator . I suppose it shouldn't be a suprise that celebrities have their fetishes like the rest of us.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:25 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

That's the one!

I also heard one recently about police who raided a dodgy cinema in Soho mostly showing amateur adult videos of man on man action. They took all the names of men found with their trousers around their ankles, amongst them was a famous football commentator . I suppose it shouldn't be a suprise that celebrities have their fetishes like the rest of us.
all rubbish urban legends, why don;t you tell us about frank bough and the gerbil?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: Celebrity rumour mill...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
all rubbish urban legends, why don;t you tell us about frank bough and the gerbil?
I thought the gerbil was Richard Gere?

What about the master chef contestant caught furiously masterbating on a hidden camera in her dressing room who had to leave the program?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Why did she have to leave the programme. At least she wasn't caught on camera picking her nose while cooking . . .

N
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on you lot.............. these are weak stories........

Can't we stick to that special gift Tara Palmer-Tomkinson 'gave' to Prince William for his 17th birthday?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

I remember years ago being told some stories by a friend of mine who worked at the BBC, some of which ended up in the public domain years later. Some of my faves:

A Blue Peter presenter (can't remember his name), getting drunk and trashing the Blue Peter garden.

Jan Leeming overheard by loudspeaker from her dressing room whilst with a fellow presenter shouting "**** me! **** me! **** me til I fart!" (pesky BBC sound technicians).

And Peter Robinson (then Controller of Top of the Pops) being introduced to his idol, Elton John, and being so overcome with nerves, accidentally blurting out "p..p..p..poofter!".

The one about Jimmy Savill I couldn't possibly reproduce here...
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
I remember years ago being told some stories by a friend of mine who worked at the BBC, some of which ended up in the public domain years later. Some of my faves:

A Blue Peter presenter (can't remember his name), getting drunk and trashing the Blue Peter garden.

Jan Leeming overheard by loudspeaker from her dressing room whilst with a fellow presenter shouting "**** me! **** me! **** me til I fart!" (pesky BBC sound technicians).

And Peter Robinson (then Controller of Top of the Pops) being introduced to his idol, Elton John, and being so overcome with nerves, accidentally blurting out "p..p..p..poofter!".

The one about Jimmy Savill I couldn't possibly reproduce here...
Go on.......... I'll tell the TPT story if you tell the Jimmy Saville one......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.