Caveat emptor x 2?

Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:08 pm
  #1  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,705
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Caveat emptor x 2?

It has just been announced that 'the sales company who cannot be named', partly as it just comes up as PIC ****** has bought out Acuma.

This article has been publshed by International Adviser:


The world’s largest independent financial advisory company, ******, has acquired Acuma, a successful wealth manager headquartered in Dubai, International Adviser can exclusively reveal.

****** said its founder and chief executive, Nigel Green, was “presented as Acuma’s new owner to the firm’s 50-strong team” at Acuma’s Dubai office this morning, following the completion of the deal on Friday.

Green said: “I’m thrilled to announce the acquisition of Acuma, one of the Gulf region’s most highly respected advisory companies.

“We’re enthused by the prospect of building on Acuma’s world-class reputation and we’re looking forward to welcoming the company’s talented wealth professionals and support team to the ****** Group family. We’re fully committed to investing our time and resources so that they can do even more of what they do best - helping clients achieve their long-term financial objectives.”



Does this work? d e V e r e ? Note that they are sales people and not advisers as all those ghastly 25 years savings plans with no regard for suitability demonstrate.
Meow is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:23 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
flares's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,967
flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

are there any good ones?
flares is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:32 pm
  #3  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,705
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
are there any good ones?
Yes, me.


The lack of regulation and compliance here is a major issue, as is the emphasis on selling rather than advising. Few 'advisers' have much depth of knowledge and so mis-sell.

The lack of qualifications is also a concern. There is a requirement coming in for a 'wealth management' exam and the book states that it requires something like 130 hours of study. I read it the day before and breezed the exam, taking a whole 20 minutes to complete it out of the two hours allowed, so that demonstrates that it isn't exactly technical.

People need to check out who they are dealing with. Check their background, experience, qualifications etc before handing over their money.


Article has been updated.

http://www.international-adviser.com...ory-firm-acuma
Meow is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:06 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,800
Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Acuma handle my limited finance requirements, providing its the same person handling it I'm not too bothered about the purchase.
Brains1983 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2013, 2:12 pm
  #5  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Question for meow do all your firms staff have qualifications or do they also employ **** nuggets. I know you and norm have solid reputations but was wondering about recommending the firm as a whole
shiva is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2013, 2:52 pm
  #6  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,705
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Question for meow do all your firms staff have qualifications or do they also employ **** nuggets. I know you and norm have solid reputations but was wondering about recommending the firm as a whole
Well don't recommend anyone else apart from me!

Seriously; company policy is to only employ people who are qualified to at least home country minimum. Whilst not that much, it's better than elsewhere.
Meow is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:17 am
  #7  
Kix
Nothing doin' here
 
Kix's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,508
Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
It has just been announced that 'the sales company who cannot be named', partly as it just comes up as PIC ****** has bought out Acuma.

This article has been publshed by International Adviser:


The world’s largest independent financial advisory company, ******, has acquired Acuma, a successful wealth manager headquartered in Dubai, International Adviser can exclusively reveal.

****** said its founder and chief executive, Nigel Green, was “presented as Acuma’s new owner to the firm’s 50-strong team” at Acuma’s Dubai office this morning, following the completion of the deal on Friday.

Green said: “I’m thrilled to announce the acquisition of Acuma, one of the Gulf region’s most highly respected advisory companies.

“We’re enthused by the prospect of building on Acuma’s world-class reputation and we’re looking forward to welcoming the company’s talented wealth professionals and support team to the ****** Group family. We’re fully committed to investing our time and resources so that they can do even more of what they do best - helping clients achieve their long-term financial objectives.”



Does this work? d e V e r e ? Note that they are sales people and not advisers as all those ghastly 25 years savings plans with no regard for suitability demonstrate.
New Link (yours doesn't work)

Why can't you say ****** on here?
Kix is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:59 am
  #8  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,705
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
New Link (yours doesn't work)

Why can't you say ****** on here?

Because they are very litigious. Any negative comment results in lawyers letters being issued.
Meow is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:01 am
  #9  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Because they are very litigious. Any negative comment results in lawyers letters being issued.
nothing speaks so loudly as a fear of online criticism
shiva is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:04 am
  #10  
Bored liberal
Thread Starter
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Over there ----->
Posts: 13,705
Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caveat emptor x 2?

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
nothing speaks so loudly as a fear of online criticism
I have a whole bunch of links that someone sent me. Quite entertaining really. Their top guy also went on YouTube recently to refute the comments, which is shows some chutzpah.
Meow is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.