A cautionary tale....

Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:15 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A cautionary tale....

...was putting the bins out tonight and 2 blokes beeped at me and told me to come over, they were driving a proper shitty car and told me to get in, I said 'eh? who the f•ck are you?' and they replied 'CID',

they looked nowt like coppers so I told them where to go, they got out and got on their radios, I honestly though it was some sort of scam or something and said to one 'you're not police, you're about 15 f•cking years old', he looked pretty shocked and showed me his ID but wouldn't comeinto the house so I could see it properly,

I argued for about 10 minutes telling them to get the proper police or they could 'kiss my arse',

anyway mrs spugsy came out and brought our IDs, and ahem, yes indeed they were CID,

turns out someone had reported some big bloke dressed in black 'running around the streets', not sure what sort of crime that is but I was all in black,

anyway we had a bit og a laugh and I apologised, to be honest I'm not sure they knew everything I said with my geordie accent but......if this happens to you, or anyone asks to see ID, I guess the best thing would be to just show it.

Reckon I could have actually got in a bit of trouble over what happened tonight right??
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A cautionary tale....

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Reckon I could have actually got in a bit of trouble over what happened tonight right??
for swearing at them, hell yeah, you muppet...

MM, xx
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
for swearing at them, hell yeah, you muppet...

MM, xx
aye he thought it was funny showing me his handcuffs later and me asking him to show me his gun.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

...was putting the bins out tonight and 2 blokes beeped at me and told me to come over, they were driving a proper shitty car and told me to get in, I said 'eh? who the f•ck are you?' and they replied 'CID',

they looked nowt like coppers so I told them where to go, they got out and got on their radios, I honestly though it was some sort of scam or something and said to one 'you're not police, you're about 15 f•cking years old', he looked pretty shocked and showed me his ID but wouldn't comeinto the house so I could see it properly,

I argued for about 10 minutes telling them to get the proper police or they could 'kiss my arse',

anyway mrs spugsy came out and brought our IDs, and ahem, yes indeed they were CID,

turns out someone had reported some big bloke dressed in black 'running around the streets', not sure what sort of crime that is but I was all in black,

anyway we had a bit og a laugh and I apologised, to be honest I'm not sure they knew everything I said with my geordie accent but......if this happens to you, or anyone asks to see ID, I guess the best thing would be to just show it.

Can imagine the report in Gulf News.........

Dave S with his alien accent pleaded not guilty (we think) to charges of abusive language towards the police. In his defence, he came out with some incoherent ramblings that neither the prosecutor or the defence lawyer were able to interpret. Dave S was fined Dhs10,000 sentenced to 3 years in prison followed by deportation. The stress of the case caused the Judge to abandon the other 57 cases to a later date!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:31 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Can imagine the report in Gulf News.........

Dave S with his alien accent pleaded not guilty (we think) to charges of abusive language towards the police. In his defence, he came out with some incoherent ramblings that neither the prosecutor or the defence lawyer were able to interpret. Dave S was fined Dhs10,000 sentenced to 3 years in prison followed by deportation. The stress of the case caused the Judge to abandon the other 57 cases to a later date!
well it seemed suspicious to me mate....!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

That'll teach you to put the bins out! Get Mrs Spugsy to do it in future
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:36 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by scarletfan
That'll teach you to put the bins out! Get Mrs Spugsy to do it in future
you know what? she offered and I said 'I'll do it, you never do it!'
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:55 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

excellent
have you had any carpet sellers turn up? I had a right dodgy geezer turn up on my doorstep and looked like he had just got out of holloway
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Slingshot
excellent
have you had any carpet sellers turn up? I had a right dodgy geezer turn up on my doorstep and looked like he had just got out of holloway
unless he has CID ID then he'll get the same treatment.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I had an indian guy just walk into the villa this arvo and start going upstairs. My kids just about crapped their dacks - I had to ask him why he was in the house three times before he rattled off something incoherently about etisalat. Fortunately my husband was upstairs working and I called out to him and he met the guy half way down the stairs - the guy said "wrong villa" and left. I usually always keep the door locked. Probably was a mix up with the wrong villa, but still scared the kids.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

lol...they are around everywhere....
see them all the time at Uptown...
last weekend my son left to go quadbiking at 3 am (yeah, middle of the night) and they came and had a talk with him...
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Kim67
I had an indian guy just walk into the villa this arvo and start going upstairs. My kids just about crapped their dacks - I had to ask him why he was in the house three times before he rattled off something incoherently about etisalat. Fortunately my husband was upstairs working and I called out to him and he met the guy half way down the stairs - the guy said "wrong villa" and left. I usually always keep the door locked. Probably was a mix up with the wrong villa, but still scared the kids.
I would have literally chucked him out of the door, fresh prince of bel air style....
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...they are around everywhere....
see them all the time at Uptown...
last weekend my son left to go quadbiking at 3 am (yeah, middle of the night) and they came and had a talk with him...
hmmm well mrs spugsy wasn;'t too happy to see me mouthing off to them, she'd heard about them, not me though...
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:12 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm well mrs spugsy wasn;'t too happy to see me mouthing off to them, she'd heard about them, not me though...
they crack me up....wearing their ill fitting shiny suits, slicked back hair...they look like cartoon caracters....
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have literally chucked him out of the door, fresh prince of bel air style....
I was a bit stunned and because the kids and I had not been home long, thought he might have been a workman that my husband had previously invited in or something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.