British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Catch-Up - Riyadh - Thursday 28th May - 1500h onwards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/catch-up-riyadh-thursday-28th-may-1500h-onwards-610938/)

still.unsure May 24th 2009 10:40 am

Catch-Up - Riyadh - Thursday 28th May - 1500h onwards

folks,

how about a catch-up for members of the bored who are in riyadh this thursday (28/5)? was thinking of a (very) casual bbq around one of the pools on Eid kicking off around 3pm or so.

let me know if you're interested and i'll see what i can get sorted. you'll need to PM me your name and citizenship by tomorrow PM (MKT) so i can put you on the security list.

more details to come...

p.s. if you're interested in coming, please put a post up here so i can get a feel for numbers

coffindodger May 24th 2009 11:53 am

Re: Catch-Up - Riyadh - Thursday 28th May - 1500h onwards

yes please. put me and my trusted zimmer frame down on the list. thanks :thumbup::thumbup:

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7599454)
folks,

how about a catch-up for members of the bored who are in riyadh this thursday (28/5)? was thinking of a (very) casual bbq around one of the pools on Eid kicking off around 3pm or so.

let me know if you're interested and i'll see what i can get sorted. you'll need to PM me your name and citizenship by tomorrow PM (MKT) so i can put you on the security list.

more details to come...

p.s. if you're interested in coming, please put a post up here so i can get a feel for numbers

there you go!! I expect pics in the gallery on Friday morning :)

Nic1 May 24th 2009 2:03 pm

oh bugger, we are off to Cyprus wed night for the w/e - any chance of it being the following weekend ? We would bring evian water as compensation . . .

Cheers
N

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7599789)
oh bugger, we are off to Cyprus wed night for the w/e - any chance of it being the following weekend ? We would bring evian water as compensation . . .

Cheers
N

snob :rofl:

still.unsure May 24th 2009 2:38 pm

very sorry folks, but have only just remembered that i have committed to a prior engagement this w/end.

am afraid someone else will have to take the torch on this one. :o

Nic1 May 24th 2009 3:53 pm

Can we do something the following w/e then ? s.s were you going to get the bbq catered or a BYO one ?

N

ajaxgrrl Jun 3rd 2009 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7599454)
folks,

more details to come...

I haven't arrived in Riyadh yet, but I'll be looking for future events - very interested, as we live off compound.
Teresa

MataHari Jun 4th 2009 4:40 am

hmmmmmmm....still.unsure has closed his account...
looks like you all have to do your own organising...

simple2204 Jun 4th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7631937)

Anyone know what happened to still.unsure? helped me loads and was looking forward to meeting up when i got my feet sandy later this month?

btw i will be on al-yamama initially anyway and happy to organise social gatherings being new and all, i may need a settling in period though, which is about 8 years apparently :rofl:

MataHari Jun 4th 2009 5:54 am

Originally Posted by simple2204 (Post 7632110)
Anyone know what happened to still.unsure? helped me loads and was looking forward to meeting up when i got my feet sandy later this month?

btw i will be on al-yamama initially anyway and happy to organise social gatherings being new and all, i may need a settling in period though, which is about 8 years apparently :rofl:

I have no idea...'t is all a bit mysterious

Eva Jun 4th 2009 5:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7631937)

Oh! he was really funny and helpful, I liked him.
A man with a zip for a mouth- what else could you possibly want?
Where he gone I wonder???
Wherever,hope it was by choice and all's well.

amy1417 Sep 1st 2009 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7632127)
Oh! he was really funny and helpful, I liked him.
A man with a zip for a mouth- what else could you possibly want?
Where he gone I wonder???
Wherever,hope it was by choice and all's well.

OOOOOH, never mind still-unsure, where is the next BBQ?

amy1417

Danajj Sep 1st 2009 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by amy1417 (Post 7895134)
OOOOOH, never mind still-unsure, where is the next BBQ?

amy1417

Good call - with all the new arrivals in Riyadh and if some of the old timers can brush off the sand - I think there will be quite a good crowd. I'm in - would invite everyone around to mine - but not moved in anywhere yet so looking for a good samaritan to name a time and a venue. Next Thursday? 4pm somewhere?

ajaxgrrl Sep 1st 2009 11:06 pm

:thumbup: Glad to hear there's still talk of Riyadh get-together... (course, it's still talk!) If I was there, I'd be glad to host - hubby is great managing for a crowd - but we are off compound...

I assume during Ramadan, 4pm gathering is better ON compound - in our neighborhood, grilling smells would not be very welcome! My DH is finding "Rama-ding-dong" - HIS words - not much fun... Mosque down the street is in full swing until 11pm and cars parked every which way (including in front of our garage!), and new housing construction across the street STARTS at midnight!! Husband's not the happiest camper on the block these days... (and who knows when my visa will be processed so I can join him??!!! - inshallah, yeah, yeah, whatever :thumbdown: )