British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   cat people (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/cat-people-578994/)

Spugsy Dec 17th 2008 10:22 am

cat people

Where can I get pet insurance from over here? In case the wee fella needs an operation or gets hurt or owt?

Ta. :ohmy:

Bison Dec 17th 2008 10:28 am

Re: cat people

RSA - Royal & Sun Alliance

www.rsadirect.ae

You can buy online, if you need to know anything else then you can call them direct on 800 772.

Bison

Happy to be of service sir :thumbup:

lionheart Dec 17th 2008 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7075433)
RSA - Royal & Sun Alliance

www.rsadirect.ae

You can buy online, if you need to know anything else then you can call them direct on 800 772.

Bison

Happy to be of service sir :thumbup:

As far as claims service goes, RSA equals Indian mafia...will squeeze every penny out of you. Try AXA or Oman Insurance if you want good claims handling service.

Bison Dec 17th 2008 12:22 pm

As far as claims service goes, RSA equals Indian mafia...will squeeze every penny out of you. Try AXA or Oman Insurance if you want good claims handling service.
Really, as far as I know, AXA and Oman Insurance don't follow the UK's FSA regulations and you don't get the compliance and peace of mind that you would expect back home in the UK, RSA being a UK company at least do, so your statement is very unlikely.

That was one of the things that attracted me to RSA, they also speak English and are customer friendly in terms of direct accessability.

I haven't had to claim and touch wood will never have to.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with RSA?

Bison

Inselaffen Dec 18th 2008 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7075707)
Really, as far as I know, AXA and Oman Insurance don't follow the UK's FSA regulations and you don't get the compliance and peace of mind that you would expect back home in the UK, RSA being a UK company at least do, so your statement is very unlikely.

That was one of the things that attracted me to RSA, they also speak English and are customer friendly in terms of direct accessability.

I haven't had to claim and touch wood will never have to.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with RSA?

Bison

unusually it might actually be worth listening to LH for a change (did I really just type that)

i believe he works on the insurance claims side

Bison Dec 18th 2008 3:59 am

unusually it might actually be worth listening to LH for a change (did I really just type that)

i believe he works on the insurance claims side
I am more than happy to listen to LH, that's why I want him to back his statement up with facts, at the end of the day people need the right facts and information to be able to make an informed decision.

I've been working in insurance since 1999 in the UK and now here in the UAE so I know the market well, I also know about Insurance and the products on offer in the market, plus I work within personal lines which falls directly in line with what spugsy is looking at.

Bison

Spugsy Dec 18th 2008 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7077994)
I am more than happy to listen to LH, that's why I want him to back his statement up with facts, at the end of the day people need the right facts and information to be able to make an informed decision.

I've been working in insurance since 1999 in the UK and now here in the UAE so I know the market well, I also know about Insurance and the products on offer in the market, plus I work within personal lines which falls directly in line with what spugsy is looking at.

Bison

well their website doesn;t work! Filled it all in then when send it got some error, rubbish....

Bison Dec 18th 2008 5:15 am

well their website doesn;t work! Filled it all in then when send it got some error, rubbish....
I just did one and it works fine?

Bison

shiva Dec 18th 2008 5:59 am

all private and personal insurance policies (car, house etc)here are regulated by a federal policy so regardless of whether your insurance co. has a certain item on your policy you ARE covered if its in the federal policy template. The insurance co.s dont like it but its a FACT. the idea is to stop all the two bit operators screwing people.

Oh and AXA are probably the best to deal with when making a claim.

shiva Dec 18th 2008 6:06 am

Bison, do you work for RSA by any chance?

Bison Dec 18th 2008 6:30 am

Bison, do you work for RSA by any chance?
Maybe...... :blink:

However I would like to know why people think the AXA claim service is better, is it based on personal experience or do those people have some sort of affiliation with AXA?

I have my car insured with RSA so am very interested to know as I don't work in claims myself.

Bison

shiva Dec 18th 2008 6:58 am

based on personal experience

Bison Dec 18th 2008 7:09 am

based on personal experience
I'd be interested to hear what happened and also when it happened, maybe you could PM me?

Bison

shiva Dec 18th 2008 7:50 am

I'm sure you would but no. sufficed to say axa have always proved to be alright RSA were shite. nuff said

admon Dec 18th 2008 8:04 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7078450)
I'm sure you would but no. sufficed to say axa have always proved to be alright RSA were shite. nuff said

I've heard this from a few people..

maybe time to change from RSA at next renewal..