British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Cat in Boots (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/cat-boots-739867/)

Elmer Fudd Nov 23rd 2011 3:36 pm

Cat in Boots

Love the new title due to "religious and cultural concerns". According to 7 days, the word Puss has sexual connotations:rofl: I am sure that we all know that this is short by one consonant!
Having seen the wives in my family suffer years of personal abuse as we share the surname of a lead character in "Are you being Served", I am sure the title "Pussy in Boots" would be hilarious back home. Now that would be a film I would be willing to see in 3D:thumbsup:

flares Nov 24th 2011 2:46 am

Re: Cat in Boots

World truly gone mad

Saw the trailer for that during one of my regular forays with thie kids to the cinema. Must just be a regional thing as the website on the trailer is puss in boots.com.

Bahtatboy Nov 24th 2011 4:24 am

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, a cat in boots couldn't possibly have any sexual connotations

kittycat1 Nov 24th 2011 8:03 am

barmy- now if it was pussy in boots it might be slightly different but its a kids story ffs!

Its says something about the reader who finds filth in everything. Innocent children will only see innocence- filthy old buggers will find filth everywhere won't they bahtatboy?

Bahtatboy Nov 24th 2011 8:15 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9751578)
barmy- now if it was pussy in boots it might be slightly different but its a kids story ffs!

Its says something about the reader who finds filth in everything. Innocent children will only see innocence- filthy old buggers will find filth everywhere won't they bahtatboy?

Less of the old, if you don't mind.

kittycat1 Nov 24th 2011 8:16 am

apolgies my young whippersnapper!

Millhouse Nov 24th 2011 10:18 am

1 Attachment(s)
Apparently there is a picture of a naked person in here. I only see dolphins

Attachment 104266

Boomhauer Nov 24th 2011 2:25 pm

My pet cat's name is pussy. Not kidding, it really is her name. I couldn't think of a name, so my elderly mom who does not know the alternative slang definition started calling her pussy.

Well I eventually came up with a discreet name but the cat responds best to pussy . When we used to live in apartments and the cat would go out, it was hilarious to see people stare when mom would go out and call pussy.

norsk Nov 24th 2011 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9752108)
My pet cat's name is pussy. Not kidding, it really is her name. I couldn't think of a name, so my elderly mom who does not know the alternative slang definition started calling her pussy.

Well I eventually came up with a discreet name but the cat responds best to pussy . When we used to live in apartments and the cat would go out, it was hilarious to see people stare when mom would go out and call pussy.

you're referring to pussy as if it is a current pet and then you are talking about living in an apartment and your mum going out to call for the cat.

am i missing something?

Boomhauer Nov 24th 2011 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 9752348)
you're referring to pussy as if it is a current pet and then you are talking about living in an apartment and your mum going out to call for the cat.

am i missing something?

Still have the same cat aka pussy. The above story is recollection from when we were living in an apartment comlex.

norsk Nov 24th 2011 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9752494)
Still have the same cat aka pussy. The above story is recollection from when we were living in an apartment comlex.

so pussy is old and wrinkly by now i guess...:p

Spugsy Nov 25th 2011 9:38 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 9752500)
so pussy is old and wrinkly by now i guess...:p

and very hairy.

norsk Nov 25th 2011 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9753307)
and very hairy.

you never know mate. it could be one of those hairless ones...:rofl:

DesertOcean Nov 25th 2011 4:02 pm