Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

In case you need another reason to hate the Daily Mail

In case you need another reason to hate the Daily Mail

Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default In case you need another reason to hate the Daily Mail

http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/t...hat-give-you-c or http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2464297&ref=nf

As if you needed a reason to avoid the nasty old Daily Mail, here's a list of their articles of things that might possibly give you cancer if the stars are aligned in a certain way, if you are fat/thin/old/young/ugly/attra​ctive and everything in between.

In short, they hate you all and want you to die.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In case you need another reason to hate the Daily Mail

Originally Posted by Meow
http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/t...hat-give-you-c or http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2464297&ref=nf

As if you needed a reason to avoid the nasty old Daily Mail, here's a list of their articles of things that might possibly give you cancer if the stars are aligned in a certain way, if you are fat/thin/old/young/ugly/attra​ctive and everything in between.

In short, they hate you all and want you to die.
Don't need any more reasons, but have also seen a long list of items that the Mail have claimed both to be good for you and carcinogenic at one time or another.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you even read the DM?

I only ever look at the DM through a link posted on here.

It seems that the DM exists solely so that people can be upset with it. And being upset with a media source has become as British as warm beer and weak curries. Something we whinge about but privately enjoy.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Why does who read the Daily Mail? I never do and rarely even look at links when posted as it's invariably unsubstantiated nonsense. The links above are clearly not to the DM
Old Jul 30th 2011, 8:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Why does who read the Daily Mail? I never do and rarely even look at links when posted as it's invariably unsubstantiated nonsense. The links above are clearly not to the DM
9.9% of the UK adult population. ****, that's scary. NOTW had 13.8%, with the Mail on Sunday 9.8%. No doubt a good number of the 7.5 million who read the NOTW will step up to the Mail on Sunday. I can't go on...

http://www.nrs.co.uk/toplinereadership.html
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Their analysis of shoppers in supermarkets is fairly spot on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-styles.html

Last edited by soukie; Jul 30th 2011 at 9:17 am. Reason: Link not working the first time!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:30 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I think the internet has proven that the general level of debate and discourse is far lower than we think.

Most British papers are heavily bias which is why I rarely read them without a salt shaker next to me. Either blindly political, serving the aims of their owner's private agendas or just out to sell plenty of copies with sensationalism and boobs.

I think I admire the boobs and sensationalism more, it seems a more honest and open agenda - flog papers to people stupid enough to buy them. The so called higher brow and more subdued political agenda prints are often so self-righteous and condescending (you know, like Jeremy Paxman) they would make a 17th Century Aristocrat think "what an arrogant twat" if they were people.

So in essence Boobs and Shock 1 - Fake High Brow 0

N.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Good: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-care-all.html

Better: http://twitter.com/#!/LizJonesSomalia

I've always wondered about the type of person who ends up writing for the Daily Mail .
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Good: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-care-all.html

Better: http://twitter.com/#!/LizJonesSomalia

I've always wondered about the type of person who ends up writing for the Daily Mail .
What a tosser--after the drivel of the first one I couldn't be arsed to read the second. Strangely, the Fail "is no longer accepting comments on this article", after only 6 were posted--all pointing out that she's a tosser.

Brightened up my morning no end
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
What a tosser--after the drivel of the first one I couldn't be arsed to read the second. Strangely, the Fail "is no longer accepting comments on this article", after only 6 were posted--all pointing out that she's a tosser.

Brightened up my morning no end
Obviously she has written this with her head up her arse. I am a very strong supporter of the NHS. However, this did make me smile as she raises a couple of truths...

Have you actually phoned up an NHS doctors recently and tried to book an appointment?

You are met by a very painful menopausal women who hates you for being a man, hates you for calling at 9.30am (did you not know that all calls have to be done by 8am so she can complete the book for the day?), hates you for attempting to even try and see the doctor without 72 hours notice and hates you even more for interrupting the conversation she was having with the other menopausal bitch about her husband cheating on her.

I think the doctors and nurses are great and are massively under recognised - but the front office? that really does suck. It's worse than a BA check in desk.

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 4th 2011 at 5:14 am.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:37 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Obviously she has written this with her head up her arse. I am a very strong supporter of the NHS. However, this did make me smile as she raises a couple of truths...

Have you actually phoned up an NHS doctors recently and tried to book an appointment?

You are met by a very painful menopausal women who hates you for being a man, hates you for calling at 9.30am (did you not know that all calls have to be done by 8am so she can complete the book for the day?), hates you for attempting to even try and see the doctor without 72 hours notice and hates you even more for interrupting the conversation she was having with the other menopausal bitch about her husband cheating on her.

I think the doctors and nurses are great and are massively under recognised - but the front office? that really does suck. It's worse than a BA check in desk.
So you had a bad experience then?

One swallow, does not a good wife make.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WakeUp
One swallow, does not a good wife make.
a lesson I learnt the hard way.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:48 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
a lesson I learnt the hard way.
I feel for you, thats why I went for a younger model
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know how a mere journo can afford to 'go private' to all of those people................