British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Car respray (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/car-respray-854630/)

shiva Mar 16th 2015 3:13 pm

Car respray

I need a panel re sprayed and also a bumper respray.

Damage is beyond a touch up unfortunately and from an old issue so not on the insurance.

Can anyone recommend a preferably cheap respray place that can come at least close to colour matching. Car is 10 years old so it's not worth a main dealer job but a competent back street guy will be spot on

mikewot Mar 16th 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Car respray

Shebaz Body Repairs, highly recommended. Little place up behind Times Square (if I recall) he will meet you and lead you there, once found you'll easily find it again. Did a really great job on my mates black beemer, bumpers etc. Not expensive, the downside is he fits you in amongst other jobs so might take a little while. 050 3581748.

shiva Mar 16th 2015 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11593641)
Shebaz Body Repairs, highly recommended. Little place up behind Times Square (if I recall) he will meet you and lead you there, once found you'll easily find it again. Did a really great job on my mates black beemer, bumpers etc. Not expensive, the downside is he fits you in amongst other jobs so might take a little while. 050 3581748.

Sounds ideal
Thx

Millhouse Mar 17th 2015 5:06 am

I've always used Zain. They are pretty Ok - have done several cars through them including a full respray. They charge around 350 per panel.

Can give the GPS coordinates if you are interested.

shiva Mar 17th 2015 8:37 am

I've heard of zain, thought they were much more expensive. That's a decent price as I hear their quality is good, also for detailing

Beakersful Mar 17th 2015 9:39 am

Ask them whether they'll stick in the oven afterwards. That;'s quite an important question to ask/step in KSA.

Millhouse Mar 17th 2015 9:58 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11594316)
I've heard of zain, thought they were much more expensive. That's a decent price as I hear their quality is good, also for detailing

Latitude 25.179833 and Longitude 55.361749

They are pretty good. They repainted my patrol and were very helpful in getting it registered with the colour change and driving it around on dealer plates.

They have also fixed a couple of bumpers (great colour match) - and have just done another car where I clipped the kerb. Colour match was good, just a little underspray of lacquer but you'd struggle to find it in the door seal.

Anyway - nice guys, owner is called Saif.

shiva Mar 17th 2015 11:15 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11593641)

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11594369)
Latitude 25.179833 and Longitude 55.361749

They are pretty good. They repainted my patrol and were very helpful in getting it registered with the colour change and driving it around on dealer plates.

They have also fixed a couple of bumpers (great colour match) - and have just done another car where I clipped the kerb. Colour match was good, just a little underspray of lacquer but you'd struggle to find it in the door seal.

Anyway - nice guys, owner is called Saif.

Spot on. Will go see them after the desert challenge then. Have done 90% myself but one panel needs striped and re sprayed and the bumper the same. Asked Habtoor about paint etc and walked out after 10 minutes of utter frustration and not in the temperament needed to argue with the Sharjah afghan Mafia at the moment