Car Radiator Leak

Old Sep 14th 2014, 8:44 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Radiator Leak

Originally Posted by Millhouse
wow. I paid 550 for the patrol.

you know you just made me laugh out loud....bloody evil b****d!
Old Sep 15th 2014, 12:56 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
They are quoting Dhs2,750 for a new radiator plus all the trimmings but hoping they can do the job within two days only. We will see.
The actual job will take no more than 3-4 hours (literally), quite possibly less if it's being done by a tech who's done lots of them on the Cherokee before. What will take the time is getting the parts, and they probably won't order them until they've inspected your car after you've dropped it off, and then unless you're lucky delivery will be next-day, which explains why it's a 2-day job minimum.

I'd be interested to know how much you're being charged for the radiator (I'm assuming that's what they're replacing, given the quoted cost of the job). Dealership list price in the USA is 1000 AED, typical online price 630 AED. I think AAA sources parts through the dealerships, and the dealerships charge extortionate markups.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Really? That bad?
Oh yes. It's all about speed and pushing as many jobs through as possible, so corners get cut, especially where they won't be immediately obvious. It's a problem in dealership servicing worldwide of course, not just in Dubai.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Oh yes. It's all about speed and pushing as many jobs through as possible, so corners get cut, especially where they won't be immediately obvious. It's a problem in dealership servicing worldwide of course, not just in Dubai.
Interesting. Guess I knew this but just assume the Ford garage will do a decent job. Anyway, since I've had my AC sorted it's now developed a whistle/whir/hiss noise when I ease off or just as I ease on to the accelerator.

Fancy a weekend job? I'll pay in Becks and Bacon.