Car Pooling

Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Pooling

Yet another example of UAE bureaucracy gone crazy. Over 8,000 drivers have evidently applied for a car pooling certificate but only 200 have been successful.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10279958.html
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:00 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Pooling

strange.. it will be for their own good if they allow this because roads will be free and this will improve the tourisim.

but i don't think that taxi agencies got to do anything with that... it is the Salik that will lose more money this way.

but i have this feeling that there are rules that may be valid which not been completed once registering... because if they are the ones who wants this to happen to easer the conjustions why do they stop/make make more difficult this process now? unless there is a good reason for it.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:09 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beard Man
strange.. it will be for their own good if they allow this because roads will be free and this will improve the tourisim.

but i don't think that taxi agencies got to do anything with that... it is the Salik that will lose more money this way.

but i have this feeling that there are rules that may be valid which not been completed once registering... because if they are the ones who wants this to happen to easer the conjustions why do they stop/make make more difficult this process now? unless there is a good reason for it.
I was under the impression that some of the taxi proprietors have political muscle and don't want to lose revenue to car pooling syndicates, but I may be wrong.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:11 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I was under the impression that some of the taxi proprietors have political muscle and don't want to lose revenue to car pooling syndicates, but I may be wrong.

i have this feeling that if roads are less Congested taxis will make better revenues as they will be able to make more trips...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
i have this feeling that if roads are less Congested taxis will make better revenues as they will be able to make more trips...
you are right, but that would take foresight and common sense on their behalf..
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by admon
you are right, but that would take foresight and common sense on their behalf..

what do you mean by that?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I heard this on the radio too and don't get it....you mean you need an actual certificate just to give a lift to some colleagues?????
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Nickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really nice

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I heard this on the radio too and don't get it....you mean you need an actual certificate just to give a lift to some colleagues?????
Yes, isn't that absolutely ridiculous?|??:curse:

No other country that I know of do you need to "register" and get a "license" to be able to carpool!! But, here, the way the law reads, if you and a colleague from work share a ride home, you are breaking the law.

Again, another example of taking a good idea and totally skewing it.......
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

If two people work together and need to go to a meeting across town they must go in seperate cars if not registered. Every time you see a couple of young men speeding along SZR together they are breaking the law unless registered. Drive a friend to the restaurant - you're nicked! madness, and unenforceable!

The problem is unlicenced asian taxi cabs - free lancing - but approached in totally the wrong way leading to confusion and ridicule. ... 'Merc S500 pull him over Ali, he appears to have another person in the car with him - he better be registered!...'
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
If two people work together and need to go to a meeting across town they must go in seperate cars if not registered. Every time you see a couple of young men speeding along SZR together they are breaking the law unless registered. Drive a friend to the restaurant - you're nicked! madness, and unenforceable!

The problem is unlicenced asian taxi cabs - free lancing - but approached in totally the wrong way leading to confusion and ridicule. ... 'Merc S500 pull him over Ali, he appears to have another person in the car with him - he better be registered!...'
actually I haven't seen any dody cabs in ages.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
actually I haven't seen any dody cabs in ages.
think they went bust after that nasty business with the pissed up driver and the tunnel in Paris
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Yes, isn't that absolutely ridiculous?|??

No other country that I know of do you need to "register" and get a "license" to be able to carpool!! But, here, the way the law reads, if you and a colleague from work share a ride home, you are breaking the law.

Again, another example of taking a good idea and totally skewing it.......

NO WAY!!! :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: curse:

This is so absolutely, crazily ridiculous that I just can't believe it....is is Dubai only or Emirates wide?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Nickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really nice

Originally Posted by hawkhead
NO WAY!!! :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: curse:

This is so absolutely, crazily ridiculous that I just can't believe it....is is Dubai only or Emirates wide?
I think (99.4% sure) it is only Dubai.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
think they went bust after that nasty business with the pissed up driver and the tunnel in Paris
very good...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lionheart

Yep I read this in one of the papers. They complained about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.